Advise for a first time Blade attendee.....

Hey hogs, looking for a few words of wisdom from those of you that have experienced trough warfare and made it out alive. I'm really looking forward to making the trip this year and want to do things right. Not sure when I'll get the chance to make it back for another show...

First off, I'll say that I've seen the Blade show table layout and my first response was "how the heck am I going to see everything?" The Cobb Galleria looks Ginormous to say the least. We will be attending all three days so hopefully that will be enough time to visit all of the booths/tables on our lists.

What is the protocol at the Busse kinfe group tables? I have been to the Eugene knife show where Skunk I think had a table set up but the photos I've seen from Blade lead me to believe this experience will be a tad bit different. ;) Is it first come first serve? What's up with the tickets being handed out to the crowd?

Also, are most exhibitors set of to process debit/credit cards? I'd prefer not walking around with stacks of cash in my pockets if it can be helped.

Lastly, we have trips to Fogo's planned as well as a visit to Tobacco World (cigar shopping). Anything else close by that is a must see if we have the time?

Thanks in advance! :thumbup::D

Best advice is get 2 of everything then bring them to me to see if it is a good one or not. :)

Really though Bring more money than you think you will need, and get the diagram of the show floor & map out what you want to see.

Fogo's = come hungry.
Trough = come hungry

Many of the bigger booths will take credit/ debit cards, but a lot of the smaller booths/ tables won't. Bring cash. Lots of it. There are a couple of ATMs in the galleria, but they're not very convenient, and sometimes run out of cash. The tickets you see being handed out at the trough correspond to knives. You hold on to the ticket until the frenzy dies down enough that you can pay Amy-O or one of the other folks working at the booth. Then they'll hand you the knife, and you'll be on your merry way. They used to hand out the actual knives to people at shows, who would then wait in line to pay for them, but a few folks either thought that the knives were free, or stole them, making this new system necessary.

As far as things to do nearby, the show is a bit out of the way, but it's a quick jaunt down 75 to get to the city proper. Atlanta's a major city, so there's plenty to do/ eat/ drink etc. If you're bringing kids, the aquarium is a must see. Stone Mountain State Park is about a 30 minute drive from the show, and is my favorite local destination/ place. If you get a new knife and want to get some dirt time in chopping stuff etc., Stone Mountain's a great place to do that. Just make sure to go back in the woods off the trail a ways and don't be obnoxious about it. There are a few other State Parks even closer, but Stone Mountain has the most stuff to do, especially for wives and kids.

http://stonemountainpark.com/

Thanks Dave and Andy for the tips. Much appreciated. You each get a drink and/or cigar on me!

Back