• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AEB-L Chef in Czech Maple Burl (SOLD)and AEB-L paring in Black Palm(SOLD)

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi everyone,
I have a couple of kitchen slicers up for sale here tonight. The first is an AEB-L chef that has some really cool Czech Maple Burl that I got from Mark at Burl Source. I've been waiting for the right project to use it on and this seemed right. The bolsters are Warwood and it has natural micarta liners with white G10 pinstripes. I have been using a compound grind with the top half flat ground and the bottom convex. This seems to help with food release and allows the spine to retain some rigidity. This should make a great all around kitchen performer.
Specs:
OAL: 12.5" (315mm)
Blade: 7.25" (185mm) compound grind (flat/convex) Hand sanded to 600 grit, 0.05" behind the edge, sharpened at 17 DPS
Steel: 0.1" AEB'L heat treated by Peter's to RC61
Handle: Stabilized Czech Maple Burl from Burl Source with Warwood bolsters, natural micarta liners and pins and white G10 pinstripe
$SOLD shipped CONUS. International buyers welcome shipping extra
Paypal, checks and money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then email or PM me for payment info.

The second knife is a paring knife in 0.07" AEB-L and Black Palm. It has natural micarta liners and a blue G10 pinstripe. The pins are black micarta. It has a full flat grind and is hand sanded to 600 grit.
Specs:
OAL: 8"
Blade: 3" Full flat grind, hand sanded to 600 grit, 0.05" behind the edge and sharpened to 17 DPS
Steel: 0.07" AEB-L heat treated by Peter's to RC61
Handle: Black Palm with natural liners and blue G10 pinstripe. Black micarta pins
$SOLD Shipped CONUS. International buyers welcome shipping extra.
Paypal, checks and money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then email or PM me for payment info.

Last edited:
Let me be the first to say... those are some beautiful kitchen tools. That chef is especially appealing.
Russ

Just wait till you get one of theses babies in your hand, they are close to perfect, nice grind and so far nothing will stop them.

Let me be the first to say... those are some beautiful kitchen tools. That chef is especially appealing.
Russ

Thanks Russ!
Just wait till you get one of theses babies in your hand, they are close to perfect, nice grind and so far nothing will stop them.

Thanks Martin, sounds like your enjoying your chef!

Terrific stuff.

You seem to get the "thin above the edge" needed for a performance kitchen knife.

The chef knife epitiomizes elegance, simplicity, and what looks like great ergonomics and balance.

I agree with Brian, but I don't have a paring knife on the way. I'll take it!

Thanks,

Robert

Hello, I'd like the Chef's knife! Please feel free to send me your PayPal info! Thanks

Back