AEBL Veggie Peelers/Kitchen Utilities

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Just profiled... these have a ways to go but will be cool! I'm most likely using Blackwood for the handles... Wa or "stick" style handle. You might be able to shave with one too! :D

Last edited:
Whoa. They look like they cold be barber razors, haha.

Can't wait to see more dude!

Dibs on one of these mofos.

Ok, now that that is over... More pics :)

So basically a hidden tang and ridiculous hollow grind?

Is that a 3" blade?

Dibs on one of these mofos.

Ok, now that that is over... More pics :)

So basically a hidden tang and ridiculous hollow grind?

Is that a 3" blade?

They are about 3"

Yes, hidden tang and crazy hollow!

Kamisori with Wa handle is gonna be cool!

-X

You called it dude! I have really been into kitchen utility and parers... I think the Wa handle sounds great for paring and peeling... sushi veggie prep, etc.

I'm not calling it a razor as that is a specialty of its own but you should be able to shave with it... and AEBL was designed for razors. Fine grain! I'll be shooting for high hardness too...

sweeeet... uhm, you should have a stamp for burning your mark into the butt of this style handle, wood and large end butt/cap area for marking..

btw how thin is the steel at spine?

sweeeet... uhm, you should have a stamp for burning your mark into the butt of this style handle, wood and large end butt/cap area for marking..

btw how thin is the steel at spine?

Cool idea! I like that...

The steel is about .100" thick... pretty substantial for a nice comfortable rounded spine but I'll grind it very thin for great geometry. :D

I have used AEBL here and there but am now getting to use and test it more... it is top notch and I'll be using more for sure.

If you want to go for more of a traditional kamisori geometry, 20°-22° inclusive edge geometry is pretty normal. Might be a bit fine for a utility knife, but send one my way and I'll test shave with it :D

-X

Daniel- I'm dead serious about a Ti butter knife. It wud be the ultimate p-nut butter spreader.
I have a cool design I cud send you??

If you want to go for more of a traditional kamisori geometry, 20°-22° inclusive edge geometry is pretty normal. Might be a bit fine for a utility knife, but send one my way and I'll test shave with it :D

-X

That sounds sharp! :eek: 20-22 and is it a hollow main grind an convex back side? I'm making these for food but am interested in Kamisori.

Daniel- I'm dead serious about a Ti butter knife. It wud be the ultimate p-nut butter spreader.
I have a cool design I cud send you??

I'd love to see it! Please send.

I actually have something along those lines planned, it would be my lightest knife yet and made for ultralight camping. I need to get to it!

I'll send it tomorrow. And... I just put the letter in my mailbox. :D
Thanks!

Last edited:
Can I have dibs on the other one. Wa handle in ironwood sounds cool, let me know.

Can I have dibs on the other one. Wa handle in ironwood sounds cool, let me know.

PM sent...

These are both spoken for and backup dibs has been called. Thanks guys! I think these are going to be great in the kitchen and want to make a few more... also a whole bunch of my Tall Pettty!

Back