AEBL vs Delta 3V

Status
Not open for further replies.
AEB-L is fascinating ... a steel with much history, Larrin has a longer article on it here: https://knifesteelnerds.com/2019/03/04/all-about-aeb-l/

i-rTdGnBm-XL.jpg

(I believe the "new steel" in the first chart is MagnaCut)

From the article:

"at 64 Rc AEB-L is still tougher than a range of steels including D2, M390, and Elmax at lower hardness. In terms of non-stainless steels AEB-L is slightly better than 52100 and Z-Wear, an impressive showing, though it does not quite match the very tough 8670. At 64 Rc AEB-L is approximately equal to CruForgeV at the same hardness. These excellent toughness values means that AEB-L can be heat treated to high hardness for high “edge stability” for thin edges that need high strength."

Impatiently waiting for David to finish my first AEB-L knife, and debating if I "need" a stainless DEK1. :)

Roland.

Hi man. Just some constructive criticism that I hope doesn't hit you the wrong way, as it's meant to be helpful and not overly critical............throw some page breaks in your text to make it easier on your readers.

Even if you simply hit 'return/enter' every few sentences to break it up would be helpful. Otherwise the information just gets lost in the wall of text. Anyway, take the advice for what it's worth and in the spirit it's offered. Cheers.
you are right. I tried to enter some breaks to help from getting lost myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back