Affliction

Unbelievable. All it took was one mistake. Arlovski was looking good, too.

It was a good pay-per-view. Fedor vs Barnet is what I've wanted to see for 3 years. It should be good. Barnet has the best chance to beat Fedor of all the heavyweights in the world IMO. He dominated his fight but took a ton of punishment from the top. Fedor was waiting for Arlovski to make a mistake and once he did it was over. Wow.

Faber/Pulver II is about to start on VS.

edit- Faber ended it in the First. One of the top fighters in the world pound for pound. He'll have the belt back soon.

BTW- I think BJ has more skills, but GSP is just to big for him. Now if GSP had went down to 155 BJ would win, but I don't think BJ is big enough for the top fighters in the 170 lb class. His natural fighting weight is 155. GSP should win, but I'm pulling for the underdog.

Also- Arlovski is washed up and he was still beating Fedor until he got caught. Fedor is good, but overrated IMHO. The HW division is not that stong at this time.

Last edited:
It was a good pay-per-view. Fedor vs Barnet is what I've wanted to see for 3 years. It should be good. Barnet has the best chance to beat Fedor of all the heavyweights in the world IMO. He dominated his fight but took a ton of punishment from the top. Fedor was waiting for Arlovski to make a mistake and once he did it was over. Wow.

What about Lesnar? I know they will probably never fight each other but it would be interesting to say the least.

What about Lesnar? I know they will probably never fight each other but it would be interesting to say the least.

FedorKingKong.jpg

Lesnar needs to get some experience first, IMO, he was recently submitted by Frank Mir. Lesnar also needs to "act" the part of a champion, he's got an overinflated ego and a bad attitude. However, I would love to see Fedor bring him back too reality, in a year.:p Fedor vs Mir would be interesting.

GSP vs Penn...!:eek: I'm pulling for Penn, but GSP is my pick for the winner.

Last edited:
Fedor is a trip. He's got a calm expression and a laid-back attitude seemingly all the time, even when he's pounding on some roid-head's ear and then mashing same dude's wrist into the floor submitting him. He doesn't seem to have a weakness, except for donuts maybe.

Fedor was playing possum. Loosing up to that point--I think not. Fedor faked an injury/pain after the kick and then leveled Arlovski when he tried the ill-advised flying knee. Fedor was not losing. He realized he had 5 rounds to get Arlovski and was wisely waiting for an opportunity. Guys that go out there to brawl are fun to watch but will not end up with a record like Fedor's. Even if he loses before he retires he still has one of the greatest runs in MMA history.

Brock Lesnar is almost as over-hyped as Kimbo Slice. Randy Couture had him neutralized with his judo until he ate that big right. YMMV but I think Lesnar would get submitted by a lot of the top heavyweights. Mir wins that rematch too. Too bad UFC is too greedy to pay the best fighters or let their fighters fight in Affliction match-ups for a piece of the pie. Arlovski got 1.5 million dollars, and Fedor got $300,000 and a rumored 1.3 million dollar bonus. I don't think UFC has ever paid a fighter over $500,000 and that's why they all leave and we don't get to see the best match-ups. Oscar De La Hoya got 5 million to promote the fight and make an appearance!

BJ vs GSP will be awesome. Either could win and that's what makes it great.

Fedor was playing possum. Loosing up to that point--I think not. Fedor faked an injury/pain after the kick and then leveled Arlovski when he tried the ill-advised flying knee. Fedor was not losing. He realized he had 5 rounds to get Arlovski and was wisely waiting for an opportunity. Guys that go out there to brawl are fun to watch but will not end up with a record like Fedor's. Even if he loses before he retires he still has one of the greatest runs in MMA history.

Brock Lesnar is almost as over-hyped as Kimbo Slice. Randy Couture had him neutralized with his judo until he ate that big right. YMMV but I think Lesnar would get submitted by a lot of the top heavyweights. Mir wins that rematch too. Too bad UFC is too greedy to pay the best fighters or let their fighters fight in Affliction match-ups for a piece of the pie. Arlovski got 1.5 million dollars, and Fedor got $300,000 and a rumored 1.3 million dollar bonus. I don't think UFC has ever paid a fighter over $500,000 and that's why they all leave and we don't get to see the best match-ups. Oscar De La Hoya got 5 million to promote the fight and make an appearance!

BJ vs GSP will be awesome. Either could win and that's what makes it great.

I have always thought he was playing possum in the Fujita fight as well. Theres two times in that fight where I felt he was feigning injury/weakness. He's on another level, mentally speaking.

BJ is going to win. How GSP won the first time they fought remains a mystery. :rolleyes:

GSP got ko'ed by Matt Serra for God sake, and he really isn't a dominating champion.

We'll see this Saturday nite.....

I dont think Fedor was playing possum or acting, Arlovski was getting through to him with a lot of straight rights, and there was nothing about that kick to fake, a teep to the hip isnt going to hurt or injure anyone, it's just for creating distance and knocking people off balance, AA was stupid to stop protecting his glass jaw to attempt a knee. Never the less Fedor would have found his rhythm and beaten arlovski regardless of whether he threw that knee, it only took 1 little mistake after all.

Back