Affordable INFI?

I'd really like to own an INFI busse knife, but all the ones i see available are 350+ in price. Is there a model (6+ inches) that's under 250?

Scrap Yard INFI War Dog was like $175. Sick knife. They can be found under $250 on the secondary market. At least I have found a few.

The Boss Jack was $267 & the Basic 6 was $277. Unfortunately, you missed both of those. It's possible that you can find a HOG with a surplus who is nice enough to sell you an extra at cost, or find a user (many of the people in our community are really kind folk who would gladly help someone get their first piece of INFI.)

I would recommend either getting a Basic 4, which can be had for around $240-$260 and is an amazing blade, or getting a blade from Swamp Rat or Scrap Yard. There should be 2 6" blades coming out in the near future, the Scrap Yard 6-11 & the Rodent 6. Also, the Ratmandu is about as good as it gets for a 5" blade. SR101 is a VERY good steel that rivals INFI in some aspects. It takes a mean edge and has incredible edge retention (even better than INFI.) It undergoes the same proprietary Busse heat treatment as INFI and can undergo an incredible amount of abuse without catastrophic failure. Scrap Yard has been using SR-101 in most of their recent releases, but if you find an older model it may be SR-77, which is also an incredible steel. Moral of the story is you can't go wrong with any of the Busse & Kin steels.

As for the War Dog, I own one and it is a good 5" knife, but the Basic 4 LE (I have the Anorexic model) is better in so many ways in my opinion.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
If you look hard and wait you might find a DSF or DSSF for just over the price point you are looking at here on the Bladeforums.
I know thats not what you want to hear (none of us wanted to know that:)

I got me a scrapper 5 le just this past month. My first taste of infi and I love it. Check those out. They have a sweet mudder handle which is super comfortable.

You might want to email Lexi or Pokey. I just got my BJ and they might have more blanks left.

Base price is the $267 Flux mentioned. I got the DC finish on mine which bumped it up to $341 shipped. I'd like to get a smaller res-c handled piece of INFI with a lower price tag. The SY 311 might work but I don't like the elf choil...$70 though...just not INFI.

-Emt1581

It will be very hard to find any 6" Busse knife for $250 or less . However as others have mentioned there is the Scrap Yard War Dog that's made of INFI with a 5" blade and the Busse basic 4LE with a 4 1/4" blade also made of INFI . The basic 4 come in both the Magnum .220" thick blade and the Anorexic .155" thick blade . I have a Magnum and it's a GREAT knife .

HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS !

BOSS Jack. You won't regret it :thumbup: Above $250, but at least still not above $350.

a user DSF could probably be had for somewhere close to $250. going up to $325 or so would grreatly expand your options. if you figure out what you want before you find one, the WTB works really well. I've gotten a few things that way that I had a hard time finding already for sale.

gonna have to agree with some people here and say the DSF, BWM, and B11. DSF goes for 250 to 300 around here for 8 inches of INFI. BWM if you are lucky can be found anywhere from 300-350 for 10.5 inches of INFI. And I'd say probably the best deal is the B11 at roughly 300-350 if lucky for 11 inches of INFI. All great deals.

Any Busse knife will cost you a fortune in the end. After the first one you always want more more more more more - that's the problem ;)

Back