Africa and Embarking on the Grandest of Adventures

Got word that justin was captured by some cannibals.

What makes this the most funny is that Justen has that same outfit. Hopefully, they'll try to baste him in beer like a bratwurst before cooking and he can drink his way out. Those natives don't know who they're messing with!

FC5496BC-5F9F-4552-A1D0-9D4FFE32CC9A.jpeg Kevin came to the rescue and we have been hammering down on some unbelievable game these past few days. Go to Instagram and start following the IG account we just made for russfieldsafaris. You can also follow me, Kevin and Liam for some epic photos and video. Posting here from the phone is too difficult 3rd world.

So, I've now been back in the Northern Hemisphere for a few hours and I thought I'd share a few more shots from the adventure. I still suggest going to IG or FB for more photos and video that Kevin, Liam and I took that BF can't support. Most of the files of the good landscape shots are just too large to post. Once the jet lag settles in and dissipates I'll be sure fill everyone in on most of what's happened the past couple of weeks.IMG_4062.JPG IMG_3887.JPG IMG_3884.JPG IMG_4159.JPG

Looked like the trip of a lifetime man! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

I really want a can for my hunting rifle...

Kevin will be publishing an article in Recoil Carnivore covering the hunt and its purpose in greater detail, but while we were having a great time hunting and enjoying the adventure in Africa, we stayed very focused an cognizant that all of the meat we were harvesting was going to impoverished schools in South Africa where some of the children have never even had meat protein before. We worked with our PH, Russ Field, who started Hunters Care with PHASA (Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa) and their goal is to educate hunters on proper game management and provide much needed protein to children predominately in grades 1-6. With the 30+ animals we harvested throughout the week, we were able to provide approximately 2,000 lbs of bone-in meat throughout the regions where we hunted. Here are a few photos of us delivering the meat to one of the partner schools. Going to the school was a very sobering experience as the children there are the ones striving to make something better of themselves and the knowledge of having meat with their meals greatly increases attendance. My already jaded disposition of those who opine on how bad the US is as a country and how bad some have it here need only go to SA for a couple of weeks and see how some folks live there and the laws that govern them to change their viewpoint on our situation relative to the global scale. I don't want to get on a tangent, but seeing first and third world societies living hand in hand is eye opening and a necessary component to understanding the importance of the work we were doing. Yes, that is razor wire around the fence, the principal's office has a lock, the meat freezer was kept in a locking jail cell and their was another lock on the freezer. That should help better illustrate the gravity of the situation there. More photos and stories to come...IMG_4256.JPG IMG_4261.JPG IMG_4280.JPG IMG_4364.JPG IMG_4285.JPG IMG_4309.JPG IMG_4300.JPG IMG_4311.JPG IMG_4351.JPG IMG_4312.JPG

Any more news from the results of this trip? I have to read the article too.

cbach8tw cbach8tw Not too much new news, although I’ve had a number of people reach out since the magazine hit the stands. The article is a great read if you have not picked up the magazine. Here are a few shots of the 6 page spread. It’s also worth mentioning that Chris @Osprey Knife & Tool also has an article in the same issue.

D6Mu0Zs.jpg

BFUgeYh.jpg

8Hz5fNy.jpg

Back