After a long night of stripping... I'm tired

AZTimT

The Stripetition Finish Guy
First strip job ever, the Basic 11. There is almost no work involved in getting it satin, it really almost is already underneath. There are minimal amounts of very small dimples right in front of the handle.
What tempted me to do it.
2a4od8k.jpg

After I did it.
2hf8ggm.jpg

Second strip job, the muddy meaner which was partly stripped when I got it. I still need to put the meaner to the scotch brite wheel to make it all match, but I am pleased with it so far.

Third strip job, a new and unused SFNO that was Arctic White and was great at giving you snow blindness in the sun. Now it looks almost like DCBB on the cheap. :thumbup: I am very happy with the results and may wind up keeping them all even though I should be letting the SFNO go due to moving expenses.

A shot of the three stripped with a minty B11 just like the stripped one started out as.
291dpuu.jpg

Nice strip job looks like your gett'in the hang of it now. Those snakeskin handles really pop on that Sfno too. :cool::thumbup:

Oh my!

THere will be a shortage on paint stripper soon:eek:

The B11 looks good stripped, but you saved the SFNO by stripping that arctic white off of it, makes the snake skin really POP! :thumbup:

How to you strip a Busse?

Any quality solvent-based paint stripper should be able to remove the powder coating. And, before you ask, the stripper does not hurt the scales.

As a registered user, you can search. There are a lot a stripping threads.

The B11 looks good stripped, but you saved the SFNO by stripping that arctic white off of it, makes the snake skin really POP! :thumbup:

Yeah, no kidding. I had the SFNO on the X for a bit today but after waking up I decided I just couldn't let her go. I let a nice CS serrated Mudsnake SFNO go a while back that now I wish I had kept and stripped, but now this one is just as nice.

The B11 didn't really need it, but I used a similar process to the scotch brite wheel and am going to finish her up today.

Ok, so here are the updated pics after taking the scotch brite wheel to them.

B11
2z53gig.jpg

Snake SFNO
rh5zrl.jpg

21awpsp.jpg

Meaner Duty err... modded Meaner Street
kdldn6.jpg

34i21wx.jpg

I just love that naked Infi on that MS, almost better that the satin finish.Those Infi dimples are just sooo :cool: Great job on them all and that B-11 is really starting to stand out. Congrats, :thumbup::thumbup:

Those look really good. :thumbup::cool:

What ScotchBrite wheel do you use? The results on that broad SFNO blade look better than I can get with my wheel, which has a relatively small contact patch. Or maybe your technique is just better.

Sad thing is he did some stripping with me :eek: more at 10 :)

I just love that naked Infi on that MS, almost better that the satin finish.Those Infi dimples are just sooo :cool: Great job on them all and that B-11 is really starting to stand out. Congrats, :thumbup::thumbup:

I like the dimples too.

Those look really good. :thumbup::cool:

What ScotchBrite wheel do you use? The results on that broad SFNO blade look better than I can get with my wheel, which has a relatively small contact patch. Or maybe your technique is just better.

Very fine wheel. As for technique I go at it like eating a corn cob vertical bites side to side like with light contact. ;)

So THIS is what you guys do when I'm up North??? :p

Yup, busted... stripping in my free time in your absence. :D Geez, they'll let anyone sign up here these days. :p

Yup, busted... stripping in my free time in your absence. :D Geez, they'll let anyone sign up here these days. :p

Hey! I own a lil Hack (gift from you)... and I've commandeered that Proto Boss Jack from you, since it's the only other Busse that fits my midget hands... That's a Busse and a half that I lay claim to! Plus, I (sadly) know a lot of the Busse lingo now... So, that's something.

I am a cool girlfriend, so yes- they let me sign up :D

Now, to find all the other wives, girlfriends, etc. There's gotta be more than just me? :thumbup:

Hack you say hmmm :)

Back