Aftermarket Inlay for Small Sebenza

Hey Y'all,

I've worked myself into a frenzy waiting for my new Sebenza to arrive and reading all the enthusiastic feedback from all you knife knuts. It sounds like it is quite the knife and to think that I've plunked down all that money...sight unseen!

Today the pocket clip and allen screw arrived by US Mail, much to my surprise, without the knife. I can't understand why they would ship these items separately. Anyhow, I would think that the knife itself should arrive tomorrow. I was told that shipping was by UPS so maybe they forgot the clip or were out of them the day the knife shipped and so were sending me the clip in a different package.

At any rate, my question is, can my plain Sebenza be sent back at a later date to have inlays put into the handles? I have to admit, those inlays are awfully nice...

------------------
Peter

I am not the final authority on this, But I believe at this time they have not, nor are they planning on offering this service.... now you can get a pop-sickle stick and double sided tape it to the side for your own "unique" woody
smile.gif

Peter, I assume you ordered your Sebenza directly from us? It is most strange that the clip only arrived and I will have a look into what is going on but right now it is 6.45 am and I am not going in to the workshop at all today (I get to help out at school with our 9 year old son as they enjoy "Oregon Trail Days".) We will solve the mystery!!
smile.gif

In regards to the aftermarket inlay, I have to confirm Tallpaul's comment. The only kind of after market decoration that we can do on a plain knife is the silver contrast. (This is a design that is machined into the matt gray handle and is not colored.) We can't do any kind of polishing or inlay.

The popsicle stick idea had me chuckling!!

Anne

I had ordered the knife from Knifemart and it arrived today by UPS. For some reason the clip and machine screw arrived separately by regular mail directly from CRK so it is a mystery. But, who cares? I've got myself an incredible piece of cutlery!

I was not prepared for the simple precision of this knife. I have owned many cheap production knives in the past and have only just graduated from a Delica to a Benchmade Axis lock (another knice knife) but this Sebenza is another animal entirely. Every tiny detail has been worked out with an amazing exactness. And I've noticed many tiny details...

Thank you CRK for providing me with pleasure for a lifetime!

Peter Atwood

P.S. Are those popsicle sticks available in Boxwood Elder?

Hi Foutainman, congrats on your new sebenza,and welcome to the forum i know what you mean about the quality, i have a small plain that i have had since may and i love it. Man that is strange you received your knife in pieces. Gee now all you need is one of Gary's awesome sheaths to complete the package.

I bet you got the new clip with your Sebenza. CRK recently changed the clip style and yours may have had the old clip initially. CRK sent dealers the new clip and maybe they took the old one off and forgot to include the new one so they sent them separately and maybe the clip arived first. I would contact the establishment that you bought the knife from. Actually it's a moot point. You got your knife, it's complete and you are a happy camper and that's what counts! I don't know whether to congratulate you or send my condolences as in all probability this will not be the only Sebenza in your future. If you got the large then you NEED the small and vice versa. You also need a wood inlay and a unique graphic. It's a crime that they don't consider CRK custom knives as they are at least and in some cases better made than any of my "customs". Welcome to our world, you will never be the same!
biggrin.gif

It probably tells everybody that I should get out more but I amuse myself by using Adobe Photoshop to create inlays with different woods just to see how they look. So far, desert ironwood is tops...

Red

------------------
"Praise not the day until evening has come;a sword until it is tried; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk" - Viking proverb

Yes, the clip is a new style titanium clip. And I very well may end up with another of these great knives at some point. Maybe the wood inlay although the custom graphics are also beautiful.

There are definitely a lot of other cool knives floating around. I need to go to a knife show so I can actually see and feel some before I buy. Just from cruising the web though it looks like the mono lock knife from Bob Dozier is a slightly more sinuous looking Sebenza style piece. And the Apogee from Darell Ralph- good lord what a knife! Of course the Apogee is $650-750 depending on options.

I'm currently having a custom piece made from Rob Davidson. His knives are gorgeous and his prices are reasonable. He's actually making a special knife for my profession (I'm a paperhanger and painter) so it will be interesting to see the result. The design is my own and I think that it has not been made before. There is possibly a market for a low end version. Anybody got experience with mass production?

These quality knives are definitely going to be the undoing of my bank account....

Peter

Peter, We received a request to drop ship the clip to you - and so we did! I suppose it was quicker to do that than send the clip to the people you bought the knife from, then they send it on to you.

Glad you like your Sebenza!
Anne

Back