Age identification

I have a Schrade-Walden N.Y. USA 225H. I've looked this knife up and all the ones I find have lanyard holes. This one does not. It was my Daddy's knife I found when cleaning out his things after he passed. I don't care about monetary value but I would love to know what era he bought it and why it doesn't have a hole like the others. Any help would be appreciated.

I also have one stamped Imperial Prov R.I. I think it might have been my grandfather's.

As suggested I'll move this one to the Schrade Forum.

Schrade made both the 225H and the 225 at the same time. With and without the lanyard hole. The 225H ran from 1957 to 1975, the 225 a little longer from 1953 to 1978. There are a few of them out there with bone handles too. With Schrade-Walden stamping, it was made pre 1973.

Schrade made both the 225H and the 225 at the same time. With and without the lanyard hole. The 225H ran from 1957 to 1975, the 225 a little longer from 1953 to 1978. There are a few of them out there with bone handles too. With Schrade-Walden stamping, it was made pre 1973.

If I understand this correctly, there's no way to tell a specific year; it would just fall in-between those years for dating purposes. I wasn't sure if they were like how coins have mis-prints certain years and only so many get released. I thought that maybe the lack of a lanyard hole was a flaw in production since all of them I can find a picture of have the hole.

Referencing my 2nd post:
Regarding age indentification it would be the same for the imperial one also, correct? The only other stamp on that knife was on the can opener and it said, "CANOPENER pat pend." I found a chart for that one and it had pictures of the stamp specifying the years for each stamp. Thanks for the clarification.

Back