Off Topic Air gauge knife ?

Just curious, which category on knife laws does the "guardfather" fall into? Switchblade knife? But it isn't a knife. Also how about if I remove the spring? Again, it doesn't have a blade so it cannot be classified as a gravity knife. Does that make it legal to carry?

"Knife" or not, it's still a concealed weapon. It's "concealed" because it is designed to appear as something other than a weapon.

Just curious, which category on knife laws does the "guardfather" fall into? Switchblade knife? But it isn't a knife. Also how about if I remove the spring? Again, it doesn't have a blade so it cannot be classified as a gravity knife. Does that make it legal to carry?

Customs classes it as a switchblade, and even if you remove the spring, and make it a gravity version, it would still be illegal under the Federal definition. Perhaps it would be legal under certain States's laws, but then I'd be leery that it might fall under the disguised weapons or dangerous instrument provisions many States have.

Odd thing, odd place in the law :( :).

Back