AKTA 2000

Bobby Branton

The American Knife Throwers Alliance will be hosting their 5th annual AKTA national Championships on October 13-14 2000 in Awendaw, S.C. This years contest promises to be the best with $1000.00 in cash and prizes to be given away. This years event will use the same format as last years with the following catagories.

Practice (Thursday)
1 turn Knife (Friday)
2 turn knife (Friday)
1 turn tomahawk (Saturday)

Plaques will be awarded to the top five contestants in the individual catagories.
The overall winner will be decided by the total points scored in the three catagories.
You do not have to enter all three events, but you must compete in all three events to be considered in the overall points standings. The first place winner in the overall catagory will win $300.00 and $150.00 will go to the second place winner and $100.00 will go to the third place winner. The distance contest will be the same as last year. For more information on this and other events please visit my website or contact me by e mail.

The registration fee for this years event will be $75.00. Late registration after September 15, 2000 will be $100.00. This years contest will be open to all. Keep checking my website for updated information and look forward to seeing more information in the next issue of the bullseye Buster which is due out in April.

Bobby Branton

------------------
AKTI member #1000
President SCAK
President AKTA
www.brantonknives.com

[This message has been edited by Knifeslinger (edited 03-10-2000).]

This promises to be a great competition and event this year. With a little prize money to help top winners offset the expense of attending and plaque trophies for individual events it looks like just about everyone can go home with something.

I am looking forward to competing again this year and hope to see some new faces in the crowd as well as the core group of die-hards that are always there.

Once again, good job Bobby.

------------------
Webmaster
The Sticking Point
http://www.commonlogic.com/knife

It only cost $15.00 for the first year and $10.00 for renewals. You can get more information about AKTA and sign up at my site.

Bobby Branton

------------------
AKTI member #1000
President SCAK
President AKTA

www.brantonknives.com

wow, thanks now all I gotta do is find a job
biggrin.gif

Back