AKTI and Texan 'Songers

Mykl Clark

Banned
My name is Mykl Clark and I'm a Texan. I didn't want to address this issue in one of the forums as, well to be honest, all you get from that is either silence or the run around, but after finding the webpage down and several of the email addresses not working I said 'fine then it's a slow forum anyway'. What does this organization do for me? I collect and use balisongs almost exclusively. Simple fact of the matter is that they are the strongest folding knife in existance. I've had liner locks (Buck Odyssey) and lockbacks (Gerber Gator) fail on me but never a bali. So what is your organization doing for us Texan balisong collectors? I can buy them but I can't carry them? Why? I've read of your efforts in Boston, Florida, and California I just don't see the word Texas in there anywhere. I mean really anything?
Recently, the assault weapons ban was allowed to expire. This was due largely because the law only hurt the law abiding citizen, criminals still got the weapons anyway. So obviously someone out there is thinking for a change, what is going on with automatic folders and balisongs?

I know that Les DeAsis was a founding member and one time president so surely there must be some kind of bali mentality going on there. Or does the organization sell out balis and autos "trying to protect other knives?" I can't see myself backing an organization that does nothing for me in the here and now. I wouldn't buy snowshoes in the off chance Texas was going to have a blizzard would I? Thank you for reading this and I hope you respond.

Mykl Clark
concerned collector

I'm a Texan, a member of AKTI, and like balisong's but sold all of mine. I'm not a collector, every knife I have must be capable of being carried and used.

Texas has, to my knowledge no law specifically against them but Texas LEO's often classify them as gravity knives.

I support Mykl's request for more help everywhere to legalize balisongs, automatic knives, and gravity knives.

Back