Al Mar Customer Service

MatthewSB

Gold Member
I got some crud in the pivot of my EDC Al Mar Sere 2000. I disassembled the knife, cleaned it out, and while reassembling I bent one of the washers in half. I checked their written warranty, and saw that, like every other knife company, disassembly voids the warranty.

I called Al Mar Knives, explained what happened, and waited for them to tell me I was screwed and that I had to spend $15 and be without my knife for a few weeks over a simple washer.

Instead, they thanked me for using their knife enough to mess it up enough to require a detailed cleaning. They mailed me a new set of washers, which I installed myself.

What great customer service. Buy from Al Mar with confidence that you will be treated well if you make a simple, inexpensive mistake. They could have made me ship my knife in, but instead they ate the cost of a pair of washers and an envelope and earned a customer for life. The abudance of common sense was refreshing.

I've never had one, but they look nice. I am surprised that they are not discussed more on Bladeforums.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thats good to hear. You are right Tripton you dont hear much about Al Mar.

They have a few models I've always wanted. They are pretty expensive though.

Thanks for sharing your story MatthewSB. I own two Al Mar knives and I like them a lot (my SERE folder is one of my all-time favorite folders). I've never needed to use their warranty, but it's great to hear how accommodating they are. A great company that makes great knives, what more could one ask for.

I've never had one, but they look nice. I am surprised that they are not discussed more on Bladeforums.

I have been carrying and using "real" knives for 15 years and hadn't heard much about Al Mar Knives. Earlier this year I got a SERE 2000 and it is, by far, the nicest tacticool folder I've ever handled.

The blade has no blade play, because the fit between the blade and pivot are so tight it doesn't really need the washers to be cranked down to hold it steady.

The liner lock is the thickest I've seen, short of a frame lock, and it is so perfectly tuned that it engages and disengages with no stick.

Every seam on the knife, where steel meets steel, is perfectly mated. There are no gaps in the G10.

Everything about the knife is perfect. The fit and finish are equal to customs costing $500+. I can't believe these aren't more popular, other than that they don't keep up with the "exotic steel wars" and still do knives in VG10 and ZDP189.

I think that the Al Mar Nomad is one of the real "sleeper" knives out there, and is deserving of a lot more recognition than it gets.

I think that the Al Mar Nomad is one of the real "sleeper" knives out there, and is deserving of a lot more recognition than it gets.

I agree, it's a cool design. I just with I could find one in 5/32 blade stock. The newer ones are thinner, and therefore less special... :emot-yarr:

This thread is about customer service and not the knives so I'm moving this to Feedback. I'm glad to hear they took good care of you.

Back