Al Mar Made in Japan !

Does any body could tell me something about Sof Attak from AL MAR made in Japan , series number is AL MAR 3006/A & AL MAR 3004/B , please I have no Ideaa about the price of these Modeles , and I'v been told that it's out of productione , IS that true ,
Thank you. :confused:

Sof Attack series were made circa 1990, in Sekei, Japan, with green (a laminated looking twirly brown) Micarta handles. Very good looking knives with the Al Mar pedigree. The erganomics are very nice and they are very good knives. Cost about $200 plus in their day. I prefered them without serrations. Superior quality and very strong so long as you don't go stupid with them. The steel is 440C and has a high RC giving a hard edge. High quality brown leather sheaths if I remember rightly.

Hope that helps.

Your post reminded me of what a superstar Al was.
He would always stand out front of his table. Interacting with people.
For those who don’t remember him, or know what he looked like, he was a very well spoken and energetic person of Asian descent. Medium build, but always hard.
He was a mankiller. You could see it in his eyes.

One day at a show, this guy was at his table looking at knives, Al was talking to another customer. The guy tells his friend, “This is a bunch of crap, look its all made in Japan.”
Mr. Al moves over to the guy and says, just as casual as can be, but with those death eyes “Hi, Im Al Mar and Im made in Japan too.”
Really he was not. But it was funny as can be.
Miss you Mr. Al.

Mick

Back