Albers Cutlery Company

Mine finally arrived :thumbsup: It's pretty nice, great walk and talk, about a 6 pull but pinchable, beautiful grain on the macadamia wood. Only slight criticism is a minor uneven grind on one side and at half stop the spring is sunken a bit, just over 1/64".

It's a beautiful knife and I'm very happy with it :)

8GnRWdh.jpg

ibHpqFz.jpg

ZOEd2BK.jpg

Cd0HIAN.jpg

Well guys it's like this :oops:: When I initially set up the cutter I lined it up between the butt pin and the bolster pin, forgetting that the bolster pin was slightly off center. What a dummy, right? I actually hadn't noticed it with the first batch but I did see it with the second. It should be centered with the next batch. I have to do these corrections in the computer since I cut it out with the CNC cutter, so I'm doing it in baby steps. Should have everything straightened out by the time I retire :thumbsup::D:D

Eric
Eric have you ever considered using Axis horn for covers ? Tom 009.JPG

Tom it's funny you should mention that, I almost bought a pair of horns a few weeks ago to give it a try but waited just a bit too long to decide. They were sold before i got back to them. I'm a little hesitant as I've heard that the color polishes off of them very easily but I'd definitely like to see for myself. Elk is very similar in that a moment too long on the buff and you've got what looks like bumpy bone.

Eric

Tom it's funny you should mention that, I almost bought a pair of horns a few weeks ago to give it a try but waited just a bit too long to decide. They were sold before i got back to them. I'm a little hesitant as I've heard that the color polishes off of them very easily but I'd definitely like to see for myself. Elk is very similar in that a moment too long on the buff and you've got what looks like bumpy bone.

Eric
Exclusive, low production and ultra rare "Bumpy Bone". Price reflects rarity.

It's all in the marketing Eric.

ea42 ea42 - Eric any hints as to the next drop (timing and covers)?

My blue rope Jigged bone is in today's mail, I can't wait for this (work) day to end!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Eric
Sent you a pm Eric .Tom

ea42 ea42 - Eric any hints as to the next drop (timing and covers)?

My blue rope Jigged bone is in today's mail, I can't wait for this (work) day to end!

Thanks!

Should be within the next two weeks, the holidays kind of screwed me up a little. The handles on this batch will be katalox (or royal ebony), sarsaparilla jig bone, and Catalina cherry burl.

Eric

Should be within the next two weeks, the holidays kind of screwed me up a little. The handles on this batch will be katalox (or royal ebony), sarsaparilla jig bone, and Catalina cherry burl.

Eric

Thanks.

Those covers sound awesome! Can't wait. Keep up the great work!

Eric

loving all the unique handle scale choices!

I bought them. :)
I haven 't been following this thread very closely lately, I didn't think there was another drop, so I assumed you acquired them on the secondary. I'm hoping they weren't flipped for a profit.

I haven 't been following this thread very closely lately, I didn't think there was another drop, so I assumed you acquired them on the secondary. I'm hoping they weren't flipped for a profit.

These are from an older drop, and that's all I really need to say.

Back