All about Bucklites and Selector's & 110's & 112's LTs and Slims ...

Really cool!!!!!!!!!! i think 422's are the Red haired stepchild in collecting now,but will come up in value/popularity soon..Most 'LE's were less than 500,many less than 250,some 100..I like them.

So does anyone else have any different Bucklites to share with us??? :eek:

Last edited:
There just has to be some prototypes,rare/odd ,1of a kind stuff out there too.....Your in the location to find them! Good Luck!

Back from the thread crypt...with a relevant question:
Are the TacLites part of the BuckLite family? I just got my membership with BCCI and there isn't any info on the TacLite series yet.
Russ

Wow, I never knew there was a Royal Ranger Bucklite. Where did you get that one?

Are the TacLites part of the BuckLite family? I just got my membership with BCCI and there isn't any info on the TacLite series yet.
Russ

I don't think they are considered a Bucklite. I have some of them (three versions) and they are totally different knives than the real "Lite's". I believe the name is more like "TacticalLite" because the are more tactical in appearance. If you do a search for taclite here you will find a lot of info. I believe that these three are the only versions that were made.

ThreeTaclites.jpg

Last edited:
Russ

No, Taclites are a different animal, I think out in 2002. There are 4 different versions if Bucklites. Bucklites have no liner and were designed to be a lightweight non-linered knife that could stand up to the rigors of everday hard camping use. Prior to 84, everyone said it couldnt be done. Buck didnt buy that and proved em wrong.

84-87
88-95
96-05
09-present

So does anyone out there have any more different older Bucklites pics to share with US...

Thanks... ITE ... :D

So does anyone out there have any more different older Bucklites pics to share with US...

Thanks... ITE ... :D

I only have 3rd generation.
444, 442 and 446 Goliath
Bucklites011.jpg

Just picked up this 442/444 with double sheath set the other day
442-444doublesheath006.jpg

and this 424 which is a 2nd generation desigh but is actually a 2010 that Canadian Tire requested special project.

2010Bucklite424003.jpg

I don't think they are considered a Bucklite. I have some of them (three versions) and they are totally different knives than the real "Lite's". I believe the name is more like "TacticalLite" because the are more tactical in appearance. If you do a search for taclite here you will find a lot of info. I believe that these three are the only versions that were made.

Plumberdv does the wood handle Tactlite have a button release like the other Tactlites? Is it on the other side?

No button on that one, it's just a standard linerlock. I find the others to be a pain to use and the liner lock very easy. Here's some info on them.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741818&highlight=taclite

I had one with a maroon handle, by the looks a 422 for years. Guessing I bought it in 1984, it had the 2 tone nylon sheath that velcroed on top, like the one in the pic with the playing card. It was something I carried almost every year in the deer woods, and dressed out lots of deer, including ones taken by guys with dull knives. Somehow, it disappeared from my world about a year or 2 ago. I keep telling myself that I pack ratted it away and it will turn up, but I honestly miss it. Gonna go on a mission to find another, while I hope that my original will surface.

I always kinda liked the Bucklite series. Great EDC workhorses. Still have a couple of 501's in black and blaze orange that end up in my pocket for city travel and the outdoors.

ITE, I really love your collection. Never had any idea there were so many.

Looks like you are "HEAVY" on Lites ITE. Cool collection!

I have only one. It is a 422 finger grooved from 1993.

Peter

I had one with a maroon handle, by the looks a 422 for years. Guessing I bought it in 1984, it had the 2 tone nylon sheath that velcroed on top, like the one in the pic with the playing card. It was something I carried almost every year in the deer woods, and dressed out lots of deer, including ones taken by guys with dull knives. Somehow, it disappeared from my world about a year or 2 ago. I keep telling myself that I pack ratted it away and it will turn up, but I honestly miss it. Gonna go on a mission to find another, while I hope that my original will surface.

I always kinda liked the Bucklite series. Great EDC workhorses. Still have a couple of 501's in black and blaze orange that end up in my pocket for city travel and the outdoors.

ITE, I really love your collection. Never had any idea there were so many.

Thanks harlycarly, you can get a maroon handle one off the bay... They are always on there... $25 and up.... There are a lot of Bucklites that I don't have still, But I'm working on it everyday... ITE ... :eek:

Thanks harlycarly, you can get a maroon handle one off the bay... They are always on there... $25 and up.... There are a lot of Bucklites that I don't have still, But I'm working on it everyday... ITE ... :eek:

Thank YOU ITE. Been scouting the 'Bay already. Figure when I do get another, my old one will surface. Will keep my eyes peeled for odd ones in my travels for you.

Back