All about Bucklites and Selector's & 110's & 112's LTs and Slims ...

Lapdog, Tiguy had some s110v blades custom made. Which he then installed into the Bucklite frame with screws. Making his very unique.
Tiguy, I like your innovative removable lanyard holding pin. I may not do that but I really like a lanyard hole on a knife. That design expresses some real unique thinking. You have a good mechanical mind. Glad you are a contributor with us Buck Collectors as you bring us refreshing designs. Thanks, DM

422 Buck Scoutlite Knife...
On one side of the blade it has a big arrow
and on the other side it has a Indian...
I want to thank James (gedlicks) for picking
it up for me... It's good to have friends.
422 Scoutlite...

z6Xl26a.jpg

ojsibyH.jpg

:)

Nice Bucklite ITE. You have an Order of the Arrow marked blade on one side while the Arrow on the opposite blade side is etched for a Vigil Honor member (there are three levels of honor among the members: Ordeal, Brotherhood, and Vigil). OH

Order of the Arrow brings me back to fond memories of simpler times.

I recently sanded off the secondary finger groove on my 484... it's more Squire-like than ever. I have so many knives both classic and modern, fancy and brutish, but this simple quiet worker still gets my pick as EDC more than any.

484-mod2.jpg

This is probably the best thead to ask this. .Did Buck ever use any super steels in 422's or 426's? Was there any build outs in S30V or BG42? I remember reading in old thread's from 2006 a member sent in a 426 for a BG42 upgrade but have any others shown up?

I know the 450 blade can be used in the 112 so I imagine it's the same with the 422. The only Ion Fusion blade I've run into was a 450 blade that was partly serrated in the gray Buckcoat . Was the one that you seen from a 450?

I'm itching to pull the trigger on one of the last of the 424's I can find new on the internet...Is there anything I should be wary of? What exactly is the blade length on the 424s with washers and no nail nick?

Here's a few pics of the new 424 and modified 484 together:

squires1.jpg

squires2.jpg

squires3.jpg

The lock bar is proud on the 424.
proud-lockback.jpg

Because I often and use my opposing thumb on the back of the blade, I much prefer the plain blade without a swedge.

Before long I'll give in to the urge to modify the 424.

OH will continue your info by saying Vigil was the top honor.
Tex, nice arrow. User or display ?

I like the discontinued model 444 for a non-clip drop point lightweight knife, it is not a large knife. The 442 has a point down pocket clip but it is positioned too high. Sorry, but I am spoiled by the Vantages. 300

Last edited:
Tex, nice arrow. User or display ?

It's a user. I've reached that age where I've got the time and patience to take up fly fishing or making traditional bows & arrows. I chose the latter (so far). I'm on my 5th arrow so far from about 90 yaupon shoots harvested last winter.

TX, Very nice. Do you need wild turkey wing feathers, myself and others would be glad to save them . All good work for a Buck knife of any model.... 300

Do you need wild turkey wing feathers, myself and others would be glad to save them

Absolutely! I have about enough for 20 arrows saved up from my farm turkey. My ducks will be molting next spring, so I hope to get a few then too. The more the better.

It's too cold outside so I got anxious to start modifying the 424.

The first thing I did was file off and round the lip of the lower edge of the handle. Then I took a light-duty pocket clip from a cheap flashlight (pictured as well) and transferred it to the 424.

clip1.jpg

I used a 1/16" drill bit and a hand-powered drill to make the holes for the screws. The holes left just enough room for the threads to bite in and hold tight. The screws are about as deep as the liner ~1/8" long.

clip2.jpg

clip3.jpg

It's a good match and boy does it fit well in the pocket. Very light and slim.

I'll probably cut a thumb slot on the blade to allow for one-hand opening, but I dont really need it.

Does anyone know what diameter the pivot pins are on these?

Last edited:
This 422 has become one of my main fishing knives - light and the right materials for use around fresh, brackish, and saltwater. Pictured on a stump by the farm pond in the top picture and hard to see in the bottom picture, but I was just about to take it out of the nylon pouch and cut my line - jig hung up in those jetty rocks at Breaches Inlet SC. OH

Buck_422_1991_2.jpg

Breaches_Inlet_SC_5-8-18.jpg

howdy. hope im resurrecting the dead too bad with this post. ive recently been rebitin by the buck bug. in the process of acquiring a 112 auto. ive been reading thru all the buck threads and remembered i had these that i bought way back when. never realised they are both stamped 1996.

i was going to take the 422 apart and do some custom scales but i think i will leave it alone after looking at them on ebay.

IMG_2082%2B-%2BCopy.JPG

IMG_2083%2B-%2BCopy.JPG

Back