• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

all-paracord rock sling

012-2.jpg

$19.95 + $4 shipping. This sling is made from a single 20'+/- strand of 550 paracord. I make them 3' long (folded in half). If you want smaller let me know. Checkout slinging.org to learn all about these fun, primitive weapons. BE CAREFUL!

NOTE: the beads on the release cord have been replaced with turks head knots on all new slings (won't break!)

Last edited:
Until recently I made these with beads on the release rather than knots. While recently slinging some rocks into a local river, I lost all three beads on a throw. They were wooden beads so breaking is unlikely, maybe they got over the figure 8 stopper knot. Whatever happened it was weird1 My first thought was to just do a larger stopper knot, but then after tying the single strand turks head (ABOK #545 p. 90) I realized that three of these in series would make a great release grip; better than beads. Here are a few photos showing how I plan to make it from now on:

014-2.jpg

007-7.jpg

004-14.jpg

003-13.jpg

014-2.jpg

007-7.jpg

004-14.jpg

003-13.jpg

Back