• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

(ALL SOLD) 15" x 2" Paddle Strops

NORTHWEST_KNIFE_GUY

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have for sale two sided paddle strops (smooth side up both sides). If you're located outside the U.S. please contact for quote, will ship within 48hrs via USPS first class and tracking will be provided.

Used some nice imported 6-7oz double shoulder veg tanned leather left over from a project and attached to poplar handle, the leather has some light defects but is still very nice and take pastes and sprays well. I can load free of charge one or both sides with diamond paste if you like or you can purchase a small jar (please message me). I have from 0.25 micron up to 5 micron paste.

The strops can also be used with traditional stick/bar type compounds however I recommend lightly sanding before hand, this will give the compound something to adhere to.

Strop dimensions: O.A.L is approximately 15", width is 2", stropping area each side is approximately 10" x 2".

Asking $32ea shipped within the United States.

1) SOLD
2) SOLD
3) SOLD

Seller terms:
If you'd like a strop please post I'll take it in the thread, please send payment within 24hrs of receiving payment information or item(s) will go back up for sale.

EhF8ezfh.jpg

WLcMFl6h.jpg

NS7tYTyh.jpg

d3epa7Nh.jpg

7PXtAwgh.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking strops. Could you tell us how you prepare the leather before you bond it to the wood?

Thanks, Russ

Thanks Russ,

The leather is purchased in large sections at a time and I normally use a strap cutter to cut the pieces to the correct width and then trim each piece to length. After that I bevel the edges with a #2 beveling tool. The surface of the wood and the leather (where glue is applied) is thoroughly wiped with alcohol and then blown with compressed air. After that I lightly score the surface of the leather and the wood, I then apply a generous amount of contact cement. After the solvents in the cement have dried (approx 20 min) and the surface becomes tacky I press the pieces together and then place in clamps under pressure for 24hrs. The surface of the leather itself is untouched, however I prefer to sand with a medium grit (around 400 grit) sandpaper and then wipe it down with alcohol before adding paste, sprays etc. The leather can of course be used as is.

Last edited:
I’ll take one with diamond compounds for stropping straight razors. Make the call on which compound or compounds I need.

I would like one loaded with compound and I’d like to purchase extra compound from you as well if possible. Please message me and we can work out the details on which compounds. This will be for edc and kitchen knives as a final step after sharpening and for maintenance between sharpening. Thanks!

I would like one loaded with compound and I’d like to purchase extra compound from you as well if possible. Please message me and we can work out the details on which compounds. This will be for edc and kitchen knives as a final step after sharpening and for maintenance between sharpening. Thanks!

Sounds good, will send you a message very shortly.

Thanks

I’ll take one if still available

Back