All this talk about sheaths...

Seems as though a lot of folks don't like the standard sheaths included with their Beckers. Now I didn't say all, I said a lot. Mostly they seen to be complaints about the BK-7/9 sheaths and folks begging for Kydex. There's one oddball out there (me) who wanted something similar to the BK-10 Cordura sheath for his BK-2. Of course there is a brand new sheath being shipped with the BK-2. (wish I'd known as I bought two JUST before the change.)

All this has got me wondering, does anybody actually like the standard sheath they got with their knife? I am guessing the answer is yes because it's obvious KA-BAR keeps its ear to the ground.

So I'm curious, by show of hands, who likes/dislikes what? As for me, I love the Cordura all around; the 7/9, and the one I set up for my 2.

Thoughts?

i like the sheath on my bk2, bk11 & bk13. i hate the sheath on my bk9. there's only one retention strap there and that's it. i'm always paranoid about having such a large blade that might come out unexpectedly while hiking.

no worries, ka-bar won't be producing a kydex sheath for it so i'm buying a junglas sheath instead.

So, here's my 2 cents worth. My Ka-Bar/BK2 came with the "new" sheath and from what I can tell, it seems to be very well made, tight fitting, etc. I personally don't have a problem with it. Now, my BK7 was Camillus made, and the cordura sheath that came with it was poorly constructed and the kydex insert was ill fitting. The knife rattles around in it something fierce. I am certain there are different ways to remedy this, but I opted to order one made to my specs from a company I found online. That may seem a tad extreme to some, but I guess I just like things my way. :)

...Oh, and my apologies for being so long winded!

I for one was very concerned with the stock sheath that came with my BK9 because once I unsnapped it the knife would almost tumble out of the sheath at the slightest angle. The good news: I have a custom sheath (kydex wrapped in leather) on the way from Martin Swinkels. I can't wait to see it & if the pics are any indication I am going to have a great setup. I'll post pics once it arrives.

I would like a new sheath for my BK7 and BK11. The blade wobbles around something fierce in the 7 sheath, and the retention system on the bk11 sheath dulls the blade (imo)

I don't care for my BK2 sheath. What I would like to see is a redesign of the hanger. I had a Cold Steel SRK and loved that sheath. You could put it on your belt without taking your belt off. it had a large velcro strip sewn inside the nylon hanger with a button snap that you could unsnap..open the loop..slide it under a belt and loop it around your belt and snap it closed... very nice..

Also I think the Kydex should have a thumb rest to use so you can "push off" with your thumb as you pulling the knife out of the sheath. It helps alot when only using one hand to pull your knife out of it's sheath. These features would make the sheath pretty much perfect in my book......

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and also recommendations on how to fix the problem and what to do.
Ok the problem is that the blade is rubbing the bottom of the sheath to the point where i had to re-sharpen a two day old knife that was sharp when I first got it. So if anyone knows anything to do post a comment PLEASE!

What I really like in a survival sheath is a pouch in which to keep stuff. Until I started using a 7 sheath for my 2, I had a PUMA Cordura sheath lashed onto the front of the Kydex Campanion sheath for that purpose. I usually store a smaller knife in the pouch for various tasks, but it can be used to store many useful items... lighter, fishing line & hook, 0000 steel wool or cotton and strike anywhere matches in a Ziploc, firesteel, etc.

I like it due to the pocket sharpening stone slot but I wish kabar would make a kydex sheath. The way i would do it is a kydex sheath close to the kabar usmc ( I know it'll be hard because the shape of the knife) But then some nylon sewed around it that will allow a stone or other kits (camo preferably but black if its too expensive). Overall, that sounds like a perfect solution (i would like the knife to lock in their and their should be no retention strap Because i want to paracord wrap my knife handle but last time I wrapped it, wouldn't buckle shut so i was like wtf I wasted all this time for nothing).

Oh, and kabar if you do make this kind of sheath please dont make like a 40 dollar dang sheath because I could buy another knife for 20 more dollars. Make it close to 20 dollars or less (kabar usmc kydex is only 15 shipped).

Any of you guys like that design?

well, when a factory sheath sucks... that's a market niche!

SOME knives don't even COME with sheaths ;)

if you don't like what you got, just consider it a cheap, fancy shipping container :)

the new sheath on the BK2 is SO tight, Ron Jeremy would be impressed.

Bladite

well, when a factory sheath sucks... that's a market niche!

SOME knives don't even COME with sheaths ;)

if you don't like what you got, just consider it a cheap, fancy shipping container :)

the new sheath on the BK2 is SO tight, Ron Jeremy would be impressed.

Bladite

GREAT knives SHOULD come with GOOD sheaths.

Becker knives ARE GREAT knives.

Inductive reasoning makes the rest clear...

BECKER knives SHOULD come with GOOD sheath.

But, what do I know? I got a 'C' in Logic.

Back