• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good Alliance Designs - Awesome Service

I recently came through the Mini Slim Pickins from Alliance Designs and immediately liked it and wanted one, so I headed to their website, added one to my cart and proceeded to checkout, but to my disappointment there was no way to enter a delivery address outside USA.
I was thinking "well that's too bad, looks like I won't own this one", and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if there was any way they could arrange shipping to France, which I definitely not regretted! Not only were they super nice and fast to reply, but they were able to arrange shipping to France and even gave me the choice of which delivery service I wanted to use. 3 days later, the knife was at my door, and I absolutely love it!

Thank you Alliance Designs for your amazing service!!

2jcctbr.jpg

Thanks! I just bought that knife, but it hasn’t arrived yet.

What do you think?

Thanks! I just bought that knife, but it hasn’t arrived yet.

What do you think?
I waited a bit to reply as I wanted to play with it first, but I've been having issues with the button lock on mine where it would somehow have too much friction with the blade and make it impossible to open with the flipper tab (even opening 2-handed like a slipjoint was hard af). In the end removing any lube from the button and the blade lock face helped a little (go figure...), but it's still quite hard to flip open and still blocks from time to time. I hope it will get better with time, I still like the knife, it feels great in the hand and has a nice blade (I love hollow grinds), but I'm a bit less enthusiastic about it now than I was in the begining.

How do you like yours? Does it have have a nice action?

Something sounds wrong. I’d reach out to Alliance and see what they say.

Mine was pretty in appearance but just OK action out of the box.

I opened it, cleaned their lubricant out, replaced it with nano oil on the pivot, bearings, and detent ball path. I also applied a little lubricant to the button where it contacts the inside of the handle.

Now it’s great.

Back