Alone 2021 Back to BC

Well it's started again. First episode, one medical tap out. One guy making his own knife.

Chilcotins aren't too far from me at least as the crow flies. So far the conditions, wildlife and terrain look very similar.

No grizzles left here though. Lots of black bears but they're pretty shy.

Looks like their tapping out left and right. I believe someone shot a deer but haven't seen it all yet. It seems like the most of them are having a hard time catching fish. I'd be looking for bigger game myself. That place is loaded with bears, I guess with a name like Grizzly Island you'd expect that.

Looks like their tapping out left and right. I believe someone shot a deer but haven't seen it all yet. It seems like the most of them are having a hard time catching fish. I'd be looking for bigger game myself. That place is loaded with bears, I guess with a name like Grizzly Island you'd expect that.

[SPOILERS]

What's interesting to me is that you KNOW these folks have to have seen the previous seasons, yet several of them seem to have waited until weeks had gone by before building and deploying a fish trap or gill net. I'm also surprised at how well the boat is working that that one guy has made. Also, a shame that the guy who actually built a dock already pulled the cord.

The number of bears getting caught in the trail cams sure seems higher than previous seasons!

I'd presume if there are a lot of bears and wildlife there should be more food that they can gather up vs. someplace with scarce wildlife.

The number of bears getting caught in the trail cams sure seems higher than previous seasons!

I'd presume if there are a lot of bears and wildlife there should be more food that they can gather up vs. someplace with scarce wildlife.

This is honestly exactly what I'm taking from this season. It's really odd to me that the contestants are seeing all these bears, yet are having trouble finding food.

This is honestly exactly what I'm taking from this season. It's really odd to me that the contestants are seeing all these bears, yet are having trouble finding food.
I think it's gone from "how long can you stay alone" to "how long do you think the others will last".

I know since it's TV they want colourful characters but some of them really seem out of their element. Either that or they're bad at the confession cam time.

Man, seriously, that one lady who has the fake British accent (that mysteriously vanishes when she's uncertain, scared, or upset) is on my last nerve. I hope she taps out soon, she is such a loonbag.

Yep she stands there and it looks like she's wishing the bears away closing here eyes and turning her back on them like their not there. Yeah she's going to wind up as bear poop if she keeps acting like that. How about the guy tracking that bear until the bear noticed him on it's trail. It got really close to him and it looked like he hit that bear in the face with that spray as it turned and ran off like he was on fire. I guess that spray works really well, good thing for that guy. He also killed a deer and I'm surprised no one else is hunting deer with their bows or something they just keep messing with fish only. I think I'd have a bunch of snares set as well as they hunt 24/7.

Yep she stands there and it looks like she's wishing the bears away closing here eyes and turning her back on them like their not there. Yeah she's going to wind up as bear poop if she keeps acting like that. How about the guy tracking that bear until the bear noticed him on it's trail. It got really close to him and it looked like he hit that bear in the face with that spray as it turned and ran off like he was on fire. I guess that spray works really well, good thing for that guy. He also killed a deer and I'm surprised no one else is hunting deer with their bows or something they just keep messing with fish only. I think I'd have a bunch of snares set as well as they hunt 24/7.

Well, after reading up further on this season, it's even worse than I thought. So, let's see. They can't hunt the bears, squirrels, nor can they use hooks or bait to catch fish, due to all the Government regulations for that area. Whoever on the show's production team thought that dropping these people in an area with such strict regulations would be fun or entertaining, should be buggy whipped. Could you imagine? Contestant X is starving after sixty days of minimal calories, and discovers a squirrel caught in their snare, and they can't eat it? I tell you what, that camera would be going off, and that squirrel would be going on....on the fire. Daddy gotta eat!

Last edited:
I still chuckle when I think about the guy that forged a fixed blade and said he might “prison shank” an ox. 😅 Good thing the intrepid, skinny guy killed a deer to eat. I think they’re allowed to gill net on day 45.

I still chuckle when I think about the guy that forged a fixed blade and said he might “prison shank” an ox. 😅 Good thing the intrepid, skinny guy killed a deer to eat. I think they’re allowed to gill net on day 45.
Yes there is a time limit as to when they can use a gillnet. It'll probably start when the lake freezes over. 😁

[SPOILERS!!!!]

I'm going to say this: if the friggin' fat dude wins, I'm out on this show completely going forward (and I'm speaking as someone who's watched every season). Well, that's a lie, first I'll check back when the next season drops and if they haven't harshly penalized any fat contestants, then I'm out. I'm flat-out over folks who game the system (and the producers who clearly are allowing it) by showing up a big tub of grease, and then just coasting to the win (like Sam did) by just laying around their shelter and complaining about being hungry. If your contestant shows up talking about how he has put on another 45 lbs (on top of being already morbidly obese) specifically for this show, then they should be like "That's cool, you get to take five items instead of ten like the rest, since it's clear you've got all the calories you need, so choose wisely! EVERYBODY GET TO THE CHOPPA!".

Friggin' Biko hanging in because he's fat is BS. They really just need to revamp the premise of this whole show, since it's clear to me that they basically had the concept down pat in the first season in its purest form, but discovered it's too expensive. So they've had to spend the last several seasons trying to find the right mix between entertainment, and how badly they can throttle the contestants so there's no real way they can stay out for longer than a few months at most because it's too expensive to have rescue teams on call for months at a time. Remember the first few seasons, contestants would be shown leaving their house, talking about "Daddy might be gone for a year!!"? Now they're just flat out dropping people somewhere where it's like a week or two before a really hard winter drops, the entire show is over after like 100 days or less because there are virtually zero food sources available after winter sets in.

Last edited:
Man, seriously, that one lady who has the fake British accent (that mysteriously vanishes when she's uncertain, scared, or upset) is on my last nerve. I hope she taps out soon, she is such a loonbag.
Bet you a Coke she wins. Withdrawn.

[SPOILERS!!!!]

I'm going to say this: if the friggin' fat dude wins, I'm out on this show completely going forward (and I'm speaking as someone who's watched every season). Well, that's a lie, first I'll check back when the next season drops and if they haven't harshly penalized any fat contestants, then I'm out. I'm flat-out over folks who game the system (and the producers who clearly are allowing it) by showing up a big tub of grease, and then just coasting to the win (like Sam did) by just laying around their shelter and complaining about being hungry. If your contestant shows up talking about how he has put on another 45 lbs (on top of being already morbidly obese) specifically for this show, then they should be like "That's cool, you get to take five items instead of ten like the rest, since it's clear you've got all the calories you need, so choose wisely! EVERYBODY GET TO THE CHOPPA!".

Friggin' Biko hanging in because he's fat is BS. They really just need to revamp the premise of this whole show, since it's clear to me that they basically had the concept down pat in the first season in its purest form, but discovered it's too expensive. So they've had to spend the last several seasons trying to find the right mix between entertainment, and how badly they can throttle the contestants so there's no real way they can stay out for longer than a few months at most because it's too expensive to have rescue teams on call for months at a time. Remember the first few seasons, contestants would be shown leaving their house, talking about "Daddy might be gone for a year!!"? Now they're just flat out dropping people somewhere where it's like a week or two before a really hard winter drops, the entire show is over after like 100 days or less because there are virtually zero food sources available after winter sets in.
Coming soon, "Biggest Loser Who Don't Get Eaten by a Bear.

But to be completely fair I nornally have an extra 10-15 lbs in my back pocket in case I get lost in the woods overnight.

Lol!😆
On the 31st July she mentioned you while talking about being on the show. amazing that a couple of days later you were here posting about her!

Back