Alox appreciation. ♡

So sad, I need to sell almost all of these. :( Long story. Thanks for sharing yours though guys! Very cool! ^_^

Edit: Keeping the bunch! ^_^ ♡

Last edited:
I am definitely partial to the OD green and the Orchid... i have a photo of a lcippped Orchid around here somewhere, just did another one today, but a couple of underappreciated colors include the "Dark Gray" and "Medium Gray" shown here next to black and silver Alox pioneers.

pzQ6Tgo.jpg

vHt05Ec.jpg

I love the color options and the overall look, but I think I just appreciate the toothpick and tweezers too much.

I'll get one some day I'm sure, but I just don't know when.
Feel mostly the same way. But I do have an old red Soldier alox from the 90's; very pocket worn. Also have an Electrician (silver) and dark blue Pioneer (limited edition). Think that covers it. I just went through my SAK accumulation and I have like a dozen SAKs if you don't count the duplicates I have for backups in case my favorites are lost. I still have a few to add to the pile when I get around to it. I want to add a Cadet in particular.

Why were you going to get rid of the most of them? I can't believe it's the money as you're looking at maybe $150.

Last edited:
Feel mostly the same way. But I do have an old red Soldier alox from the 90's; very pocket worn. Also have an Electrician (silver) and dark blue Pioneer (limited edition). Think that covers it. I just went through my SAK accumulation and I have like a dozen SAKs if you don't count the duplicates I have for backups in case my favorites are lost. I still have a few to add to the pile when I get around to it. I want to add a Cadet in particular.

Why were you going to get rid of the most of them? I can't believe it's the money as you're looking at maybe $150.

$150 buys a week's worth of groceries, 22-rimfire 22-rimfire ;)

Maybe so, but if the need is real, you have a lot bigger problems than owning a few SAKs. I was thinking along the line of rent, mortgage, or car payment.... I didn't attend the Blade show in Atlanta this past week because I didn't have the $1000 I would normally blow there.

I kind of have this thing in my head where I have no problem pairing any other knife with one of my 3 Vic Classics most days but don't like the idea of having to do this with a regular sized Vic.
There's no logic behind this, but I guess my reasoning is that I can just go with Cellidor and not have to.

I think I'd probably go for an alox recruit if made though.

The smallest Vic SAK that I own that I would consider for regular carry and generally paired with another on is the Bantam (which has the full sized tweezers and toothpick). That's why I'm a little interested in the Cadet. Would have already bought one except it was or is only offered in alox as I especially like having the tweezers. I got the small Tinker instead. The Bantam gets paired with a larger traditional in most cases so I still have the convenience of minimal Vic tools. But my regular carry now is a 111mm SAK and a Steel Will Mini Cutjack.

Back