Alox no more?

Blue Sky

Gold Member
A member here posted recently that the alox models were being phased out. It seems hard to believe, is there any truth to this?

its a good question.

by wenger in delemont the 93mm alox sak is no longer be made for a while. smaller alox sak are still made there.

by victorinox in ibach they still make lots of alox sak in different size but not many of them are imported to usa, i try to fill the gap, especially by making my special edition runs.

according my talk with the owner of wenger and victorinox the alox sak is save for a while but sure there are less and less made, if you look at the current catalog there are way more non alox than alox sak.

but there are positive news too, we joust got alot of sunset orange alox sak in stock in usa, a separate tread will follow, plus we got splash sak, the king of alox sak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox4Odlfpx1U&list=UUECSBsF7_wETZyum09uF2AA&index=3&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIksKvd5Oi0&list=UUECSBsF7_wETZyum09uF2AA&index=2&feature=plcp

+B

Thank you, SB.

"Safe for a while" is good, but "less and less made" is not so good. I wonder why they are trending away from alox, it seems to be popular. My preference, certainly. Might be time to stash one or two...

Well, they last forever. So unless you lose yours, you'll be ok. Other than collectors, like us few on the forums, many people will buy just one and that is all. Slower sales will mean that they get dropped. Since the Alox soldier is no longer under military contract, that was probably a big hit on the Alox department. Also, no scissors. More people want scissors, so less sales of Alox models. Just my thoughts.

now to push from the opposite side, as you all have alox sak, different models, if you can then show them around and educate the people that there is sutch a thing around and how nice and useful it is.

with the tools avaliable we create the best possible sak and with all the different colors they sure look nice too, next to the collectable aspect of alox sak.

as more of them we can sell as more we can make and keep it up. remember, swissbianco is now the only source that has the alox soldier in line and we try to keep that historic sak up as long we can.

I just found this sub-forum here. So glad it exists! My Alox Farmer has easily become one of my favorite knives. I've even been thinking about buying one or two more just in case they ever do get discontinued, or to give as gifts. I have a 5-star review on another big shopping website. I tell everyone I know about my Alox Farmer... even when they don't ask. Then the conversation just seems odd.

I love my SAK's in Alox! Great knives that hold up to daily use extremely well.

Me too, didn't even know it was here. Fascinating! :)

I just found it today :D Tho I've only been a member for like 10 days or so haha.

I love my alox money clip and I want to get more alox models though I do miss the tweezers and tooth pick when I have my alox on me. I hope they don't go away regardless. :(

I got my first Alox, a Cadet, about a year ago, and can't see myself ever going back to the standard model.

I think I need to get a few more just in case that day does ever come. Lets hope it doesn't.

I picked up a couple of Alox Electricians a few months back. No they dont wear out but once they aren't made anymore you'll beglad you have them. Oh and don't forget the SwissBianco specialty Alox models either!

John

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recently picked up an alox Vic Soldier ('92 vintage) at an estate sale, along with a Wenger Commander, in a box of odds & ends. Never was a SAK fan before, but after cleaning them up and sharpening, and after a little use - I have to say I am impressed with the quality...especially with the Soldier. Don't know why I never noticed before (possibly 'cause no one I know has ever carried one), but I'm sold on the alox SAK. I'll be showing it around. ;)

Back