• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Aluminum Fire Pistons for sale

Macchina

Gold Member
Precision machined aluminum fire pistons with grip grooves. I Made some more!
$65 each (includes USPS shipping and PayPal fees).
PayPal only please to michaelmcgo@gmail.com
Please respond to this thread and email if you are interested.
4 LEFT, Thank You
First come, first serve. Please post here if you want one, then email me. When I run out, the people who post here first get them.

I am willing to trade for nice knives. Plain edge only please. I am interested in hiking/hunting style knives and folders.
Here is some of the stuff I'm interested in:
154CM/D2 Griptilians (Big or small, thumb hole or thumb stud, any color).
Ontario TAK or RAT-5 (maybe even a RAT-3).
Spyderco Caly3
Fallkniven F1
Etc. Please make an offer.

Videos of my fire piston:

Quick Press Method:
http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/michaelmcgo/?action=view&current=UsingAFirePiston2.flv

Slam Method:
http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/michaelmcgo/?action=view&current=UsingAFirePiston.flv

1NewFirePiston.jpg

7newFirePistons.jpg

FirePiston3.jpg

>Machined 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum (Will never rot, and much stronger than wood).
>3/4" diameter wire brushed grip cylinder with 1/2" bore piston.
>Piston has a tinder retainer machined into its face.
>O-Ring seal provides 100% airtight seal to ignite tinder faster. Also keeps water out while stored.
>Tough materials and construction allows this fire piston to be ignited by striking against hard surfaces, instead of hurting your hands like many fire pistons require.
>Tinder can be stored in the large cylinder while the fire piston is not in use, the water tight seal will keep it dry.
>I machine these fire pistons myself in my machine shop in Grand Rapids, Michigan USA. Tolerances are held very tight for excellent compression and reliability. Each piston is lapped individually to it's mating cylinder for a precision fit. I test each fire piston and usually get ignition on the very first try.
>These fire pistons are of my own design, and are the result of many prototype models. I found that the method I use is more reliable than a two hand fire piston, and causes much less fatigue on the hands during practice and actual use.

Thank you very much,
Michael McGovern

Last edited:
Would you be interested in a HI kukry model M43?It`s a monster full-tang knife with a 3/8",13" long blade.

Hello michaelmcgo,

I'll take two please.

Paypal to follow this post.

Kind regards.

Lost Dog

I am very tempted to try one of these. How about some feedback on these pistons????

I am very tempted to try one of these. How about some feedback on these pistons????

Please note that "chatter" is not allowed in the Exchange forums. The result of anymore chatter here will be an infraction issued. Please read the posted rules.

Please note that "chatter" is not allowed in the Exchange forums. The result of anymore chatter here will be an infraction issued. Please read the posted rules.

Sorry, no harm ment.

Back