Am I being too picky?

Hey.... Here's my question...
I have purchased two knives from a certain, well-known online knife dealer..

Both knives are sub $50 knives...
My first purchase was a Boker Strike which arrived with a very small nick in the center portion of the blade edge and also appears to have been handled quite a bit.. Some of the edges on the handle have bare metal beginning to show in certain lighting...
So I went ahead and accepted it..

The second knife, a Linder dual-action auto arrived 11 days after ordering with hairline cracks in the handle portion...

I want to order a Gerber 06 10th anniversary knife, but I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or what...

I am admittedly a very picky person about condition... Most of my auto knives are for collecting only, with only occasional carry..
I have cheaper knives for work...

I don't want to receive the Gerber with scratches and worn stead...I want it to be FACTORY FRESH... Do these knives come from the factory damaged?

Was it knife center, Amazon or ebay?

Return them all. You can do an exchange or just get your money back, it's up to you but that's unacceptable

I've had some pretty bad condition knives come from knife center. It's really annoying when they put knives back on the shelf selling them as brand new when they are clearly not.

Handle finish could potentially be from the factory, cracks or any sort of damage is not acceptable.

It's not "being picky" to expect what you paid for. The price range is irrelevant - you paid for a new knife in new condition. You did not get that.

If all is as you said, I would contact the dealer for a refund. How they handle this situation, would determine if they continue to be a dealer I would buy from. I certainly wouldn't buy more until the past has been resolved.

Thanks for your replies.... And they are all unanimous!!!
I agree, I probably should at least return the Boker...
The Linder was on clearance and shows out of stock now, so I will accept it because I'm sure all I could get would be a refund of my money... I'd rather have the knife.
If I figure out how to post pics, I will...
The hairline crack on the Linder runs from the pivot hole, out to the top edge... That's the only one I see, but it's there.... And me being particular to detail, I'll always look at that crack every time I pick it up...
Just glancing over the knife, it's barely noticeable though.
I appreciate everyone's opinions...I wasn't sure if I was being "too picky".!

Thanks for your replies.... And they are all unanimous!!!
I agree, I probably should at least return the Boker...
The Linder was on clearance and shows out of stock now, so I will accept it because I'm sure all I could get would be a refund of my money... I'd rather have the knife.
If I figure out how to post pics, I will...
The hairline crack on the Linder runs from the pivot hole, out to the top edge... That's the only one I see, but it's there.... And me being particular to detail, I'll always look at that crack every time I pick it up...
Just glancing over the knife, it's barely noticeable though.
I appreciate everyone's opinions...I wasn't sure if I was being "too picky".!

Tell them to refund the linder too. Selling damaged knives as new product is not supposed to happen. This sounds like an issue they should resolve.

Tell them to refund the linder too. Selling damaged knives as new product is not supposed to happen. This sounds like an issue they should resolve.
Agree. At least tell them of the issue and what they can do. Cause if it takes 6 months to get a replacement they need to reduce the price if your okay with it. It's un acceptable. Maybe they can send it in to warranty service and explain what happend that they sold a broken knife.

I am not really picky at all and I would send the nicked/used knife back at least.

Maybe you're just too demanding.
Maybe you're just like my father - too bold.
Maybe you're just like my mother.
She's never satisfied.

Back