Am I Crazy?

Or does anyone else out there wish there was a larger sized version of the Dragonfly? I know it would end up similar to the Delica, Endura, or Endelica but something about it is different enough that I kind of prefer to those others but the I enjoy the larger size, preferably more in the Delica size range, for my EDC.

Sounds like you should try out a chaparral, they're awesome little knives and very close to the size you mention.

LjoU68K.jpg

The Chaparral is more in between the Dragonfly and Delica I would rather see something a slight step up from that size but with the design of the Dragonfly.

You're not crazy at all. There was a thread started either here, or on the Spyderco forum, about exactly what you're suggesting. I don't recall weather it was within the last twelve months, or twenty-four months. The thread had/got some "traction". There was a "mock up drawing" done by one of the posters, Sal even posted in it, etc...

No, you're not crazy.

u.w.

Only issue with the Para is if part of the draw if the lockback aspect but yeah I can agree it is close to what I am thinking. Wish I knew where this previous thread was to see the mock up.

Not crazy. As uncle willie said, many people have been hoping for one. It is a very capable small knife as it is, though. The design is near perfect. I think there would have to be some changes to enlarge it, but maybe we will find out someday.

That is my only wish from Spyderco is more larger knives, they seem to hit a wall at about 4". I guess most people prefer that, but Cold Steel is making a killing from them, with my help too.

I hadn't thought to search dragonfly xl before so that was where I was stuck in my searches

The knife pictured above is the Caly 3 in Hap40. It is as close to a Dragonfly XL as I know, and one of my favorite carry knives.
I has been interested in the Caly but harder to find one and impossible to find one at a price I like.

Back