Am I glad I found CPK!

same boat here. hah.
Ive always been a "folder" guy, but this year I made a resolution to not buy any folders this year and try and get into fixed.
So far im doing well, hah. 6 fixed blades bought so far this year, two of which are CPK.
I was lucky enough to get in on the EDC3 and the Field Knife 2 sales.
Jo is shipping them both together, so I should see them within the next 5-10 days im hoping. :)
These knives do look amazing, and the subforum is full of great guys!
The addiction is real, since now Im looking for a HDFK and Utility Fighter, haha. Im going for the perfect quad of knives there.

Welcome!
If you like 3V you’re in the right place.
I used to have a bunch of folders as well. But then I bought an EDC2. I have since sold all my folders that were in decent condition. I had to keep a few that I really like and use. OHO are pretty convenient as work knives, but a fixed blade is even more convenient.
I think you’re going to love it!

Hello Birdhunter1220 Birdhunter1220

Welcome! Your dog photos are making me nostalgic... I hunted over my Golden Retriever for many years on nothing but upland game birds, including a few formative years in South Dakota on ringnecks. Some of the best years ever.

Thank you for the welcome and thoughts about my dogs. I love hunting over Goldens they are so good and funny at times. I hunt
here in SE Washington but go to North Dakota (Hettinger) very year for the last 15 years. Go through MT each year.
Thanks again,
Bill

Welcome!
If you like 3V you’re in the right place.
I used to have a bunch of folders as well. But then I bought an EDC2. I have since sold all my folders that were in decent condition. I had to keep a few that I really like and use. OHO are pretty convenient as work knives, but a fixed blade is even more convenient.
I think you’re going to love it!

Thanks for the welcome. I do love 3V (Sold a Jeremy Robertson El Patron to get the EDC2). I only have 3 folders that I use. I use all my knives. I like to say I am a collector, but if I want to collect something I have to sell one. :)
Thanks
Bill

I lived up in Spokane for 10+ years, and hunted the Palouse and elsewhere in the state for those years. I loved in WA that when the dogs got on something you never knew what would flush (pheasant, chukar, quail, huns). It made for some fun gunning!

I lived up in Spokane for 10+ years, and hunted the Palouse and elsewhere in the state for those years. I loved in WA that when the dogs got on something you never knew what would flush (pheasant, chukar, quail, huns). It made for some fun gunning!

I am down in Kennewick and yes never know what is going to get up. Do you do any in MT. North East MT is supposed to be good.

I am down in Kennewick and yes never know what is going to get up. Do you do any in MT. North East MT is supposed to be good.

No. I only ever hunted deer and elk growing up in MT. I have wanted to go chase ringnecks in MT, but have not yet made the trip to do so. If I am going to go on a bird hunting expedition it would be back with friends in WA, or to SD where I know they exist.

You and I have walked the same ground somewhere Tony. I wouldn't be surprised if we nodded at each other in passing without having known it.

Welcome to the forum! I'm a couple hours east of you in Idaho. I lived in Montana for about ten years and shot a lot of birds near Choteau. There used to be a lot of huns and ringneck, and some sharptail. Not sure about now, that's been about 25 years ago.

You and I have walked the same ground somewhere Tony. I wouldn't be surprised if we nodded at each other in passing without having known it.

Quite likely, HK. I grew up in the Flathead valley. Glacier National Park, the Missions, the Bob Marshall were all my playgrounds. Then hunting the east side. Hard to believe when I was a kid we drove 12 hours from our house to the ranch we hunted and we never left the state.

Welcome to the sub!

You will likely find your other aquisitions fail to impress after they go head to head against the D3V. I’d suggest you don’t buy anything else till you get what you’ve bought from CPK in hand!

On the bright side selling everything else will free up some funds for the next CPK on your list.
Yep.

Quite likely, HK. I grew up in the Flathead valley. Glacier National Park, the Missions, the Bob Marshall were all my playgrounds. Then hunting the east side. Hard to believe when I was a kid we drove 12 hours from our house to the ranch we hunted and we never left the state.

It's a big state for sure. I lived in Libby and Kalispell, still have lots of family in the Flathead Valley and along the Bitteroot and Clark Fork. We'd run over to Glasgow or Chinook and shoot their antelope and they'd head west and shoot our elk :D Spent big chunks of time in the Cabinets and the Yaak, hunting and fishing the high mountain lakes. When you mentioned hunting the Palouse that really brought me back. Lots of nights as a kid spent listening to dogs chase coon on the Palouse near Colfax. Cheers brother.

So many welcomes!! I will just say THANK YOU TO EVERYONE. I can not wait tracking says Friday. And yes already thinking about what I might get next. How do I know when there is a sale? I pretty sure they are on Friday but that is about all I know. Any help would be welcomed.

Back