Amazon Buck Knife “Scams?”

I was perusing Amazon this afternoon just to kill time. Amazon, for whatever reason, won’t ship locking folding knives to my location. (In an ironic twist, they WILL ship double edged fixed blades to MA, despite the fact that those are illegal here 🙄).

At any rate, I noticed this Buck Trapper which I’m convinced is a counterfeit, since the model number (382) isn’t on the blade.
53485631051_165124c1be_w_d.jpg

I kept scrolling and saw this stock 110:
53485772698_4d5022bca0_w_d.jpg

That’s something like a 215% markup. What gives?

Needless to say, I stopped perusing Amazon.

The first picture of the 382 has the brand as "generic" which means a seller is subselling not from the Buck Knives Store and it could definitely be counterfeit, most independent sellers just take the generic Amazon photo for their product or something they found off google.

Also if you look up the Buck 110 on Buck Knives Store it's 64.99 buckaroos.

So many sellers that aren't the manufacture jack the prices up when certain items are low in stock or out of stock also be wary of "sponsored ads" as well since those usually aren't from the manufacture as well.

The first picture of the 382 has the brand as "generic" which means a seller is subselling not from the Buck Knives Store and it could definitely be counterfeit, most independent sellers just take the generic Amazon photo for their product or something they found off google.

Also if you look up the Buck 110 on Buck Knives Store it's 64.99 buckaroos.

So many sellers that aren't the manufacture jack the prices up when certain items are low in stock or out of stock also be wary of "sponsored ads" as well since those usually aren't from the manufacture as well.
The 382 had another picture with Buck’s yellow box as well. It’s a shame Amazon has gone the way it’s gone.

The 382 had another picture with Buck’s yellow box as well. It’s a shame Amazon has gone the way it’s gone.
Stick to the Buck Knife Store on Amazon and you should be fine but yeah plenty of sketchy stuff on there.

The 382 is an import anyway so that's probably not counterfeited much.... if at all.

that 382 looks real to me....

you're not lookin at it right. Amazon sells stuff themselves. sells other vendors stuff, and can stock and sell other vendors stuff.

Screenshot_20240124_222504_Samsung Internet.jpg
first one is a not Amazon sold or shipped. it's a third party. second one is through buck knife store. same knife.

Screenshot_20240124_222424_Samsung Internet.jpg
one ya looked at...^

I believe i ordered a case from Deadwood a couple years ago.
Not off Amazon, from the Deadwood store.

Last edited:
I ordered a Spyderco Caribbean from Amazon/Deadwood last September. I like it. If using Amazon, I make sure the seller is on the official dealer list. It's not a guarantee, but may increase the odds of getting a real one instead of a fake.

Back