American Lawman comparison pics?

Could anyone who has both the Aus8a and CTS XHP models of the American Lawman (linerless) please post a comparison pic or two from bottom and top to show the thicknesses? Thanks in advance. :cool:

- Jazzz.

I guess I'll do my own, in case anyone else wants to be saved the trouble.

That is a lot thinner than I thought it would be. Does it flex much in use? Which is easier to carry?

I actually like them both, but if I'm cutting hard, the wider handle is more hand friendly. The thinner G10 barely flexes, and that's only if I'm squeezing it hard (not in use - just squeezing to see if it flexes). I just like the thick G10 - very cool and confidence inspiring, plus it's easier to open with the thicker handle. Obviously, the thinner one carries better, but the thick one's no problem at all. I guess I have a tactical for dress pants. :cool:

Thanks for those pics, jazzz. Good stuff. I haven't have my hands on the new flavor, but it does appear that the fatty would be more hand-friendly under hard use.

Thanks for posting the pictures; they remind me I need to snap up another AUS8 Lawman, one of my favorite knives. I take them backpacking and use them to cut poles for the tarp I sleep under. I have taken other knives that have thinner handles than the Lawman; thin handles cut into the web of my hand in a heavy cut and cause fatigue. The AUS8 Lawman does not.

I'm really disappointed that CS thinned the handles. I understand they want to cut costs and make them more pocket friendly; but did they have to thin them that much?

I honestly prefer the new version. The carryability is much improved. The knife doesn't feel flimsy at all. I also really appreciate getting rid of the overly aggressive g10. Uniform pants are $80 and I don't want to shred them. Now if they would just fix the pocket clips.

I've been using and carrying the new lawman for a few months now. Love it and the DLC is super awesome.
Even though it's a great knife it just feels different. I was reminded of how much more comfortable and solid feeling the old lawman is when i occasionally picked them up. Maybe it's just the muscle memory, since I've been carrying the old models since 2010.

But seriously try this, use the new thin lawman everyday for a week, then pick up the old one, your hand will tell you which one it prefers instantly.

Back