American Ninja by Neil Blackwood

Thanks for those pics! Neil's Ninja series is awesome. Neil's work is in my top 5 favorites! He gets tactical and beauty together in a great package.

Having the opportunity to own one of Neil's Neck Ninjas, which is virtually indestinguishable, except for size to the knife in the photos above, I can tell you in no uncertain terms that Neil's knifes are incredible. I'm hoping to pick up a matching ninja soon.

Sweet knife.

Zzzen_Dog

I appreciate you posting the pictures. Did Jack return yet??

The past 3 months have been pure hell with job and family related problems. Finally getting some quality time in my shop has been GREAT!!

Shipping to Taiwan has been NOOOOO problem, $23, including insurance, 3 days.....YOU can't beat that :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I will blank out more full size Ninjas right after the first of the year. Maybe a few Damascus ones????

Neil

That is an EXTREMELY nice looking knife, but were those images rendered? There's something about them that doesn't look real. Maybe it's just me in my half awoken state :)

Adam

Hi Adam,
Pardon me, I don't get it.
I took those pictures and Neil made the knife.
All are real.

Or you are talking about the alien on the ruler?

Adam,

That's the way it looks alright. What I like about Joe's pictures is the ability to keep the entire knife in focus like in the bottom picture. The darn thing is in focus from the tip to the butt!! My film camery WILL NOT do this :(

Here is another shot Joe took of one of my Hunters
blackwood_medium_1.jpg

I hope when I FINALLY get a digital camera, my shots will look HALF as good :)

Neil

Thanks for sharing....gorgeous knife!

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

ah now that i'm half asleep and not half awake I think I see what looked weird yesterday, the flash is almost all of the illumination in the pictures with the yellow background, there really isn't any ambient light. That and the knife looks too perfect to be real :) I love it!

Adam

Just great pics - the look of the cord wrap over fine hardwood is pretty cool.

Andrew Limsk

If I'm not mistaken, the trick to getting the focus from end to end is the adjustment of the aperture of the camera. I couldn't tell you what the aperture setting should be for a given distance and depth, but I do know that the smaller the aperture, the greater the depth of field/focus. The you have to adjust the shutter speed to maintain the correct exposure, without going so slow as to blur the picture from movement. Of course, if you have a tripod and a remote shutter release, or if you have great professional lighting, you will have a wider range of adjustment.

Now about that knife.... BEAUTIFUL!

Neil, that hunter is fantastic. You're right about it being a great picture, but it is easier to get a great picture when you have subject material like that.

I think some damascus Ninjas is an excellent idea. That hunter would look pretty darn good in damascus as well.

Back