An Unkindness of Ravens...

I aim to make things right...

View attachment 1095250
That right there is a grail for me, I love ironwood for my daily users:) and I'd use the crap outta that;)

IMG_20190206_212513.jpg

Now that I think of it, I should've tried for one of the "C" grade EDCs so I'd have the scales for my D2 EDC :(

Last edited:
That right there is a grail for me, I love ironwood for my daily users:) and I'd use the crap outta that;)

View attachment 1095262

Now that I think of it, I should've tried for one of the "C" grade EDCs so I'd have the scales for my D2 EDC :(

I gotta say WValtakis WValtakis this little skinner would make the perfect folder. Imagine this thing with a pivot and some nice ironwood.

Let that sink in for a minute...

Last edited:
An Abrasion of Paper

20190326_205628~01.jpg

Somehow I am finding this little knife as challenging as any. The smaller blade and handle makes the proportions harder to get aesthetically pleasing. I started with the slabs somewhere close to typical for a larger, "taller" knife, about 3/8" thick in the middle, but it looked as wide as a hippopotamus (A Hippopotamus of Girth?). It needed to go on a diet.

I think I got it now, though. The scary thing though is that all the refinement takes place once the slabs are glued on. Once you grind it off there is no going back. Balancing looks with feel on a small blade is hard.

TL;DR... Nathan is a genius. I am not.

Last edited:
Back