AND in this corner, weighing...WHAT??? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

...well, it's not! Physics has nearly been defied!

If you guess what it is, you get a Made in the USA, WearGuard Mock Turtleneck with ATC's embroidered logo on the left chest.

I'm not going to report what it is until after Shot Show...but we'll be watching this thread. The first person to most accurately guess the design, materials (hint;), hint;)), and name, you get the Team Shirt.

We have never done a contest here, but I am so excited after hearing some good news that I wanted to share about it a little and have some fun too.

Tomahawks have gotta' have a very high impact resistance...

You mentioned weight in the title of your post...

High strength to weight ratio:

It's gotta' be something with Titanium.

Am I close?

Well, let's see how close I come. Since weight is an issue & we've been told one will be coming, my guess is that we're talking about a poll hawk, no spike or hammer, like a "trade axe". Materials are going to be a WAG, but I'll say 01 tool steel for starters. For the haft, I'll guess a plastic similar to but lighter than acetal, possibly with a hollow or partially hollow core. Name? How about Next Generation Trade Hawk?

Screw the contest...how much for a shirt?

My guess would be a Delrin handled belt axe, a la the Firestone.

A Poll Hawk with an Acetal Handle and a Titanium/0-1 Tool Steel blended Head. Next Generation Belt Hawk.

Heck yea, where can I get a t-shirt?! LOL

carbon fiber thermoplastic handle with nylon as bonding agent.

O-1 tool steel head, not sure how a laminate material would hold up in a hawk, so i will guess tradition steel

Why not! I must be able to guess better than Maurice, anyways. :)

I'll try and guess somethign that hasn't beem covered.

I say it is a smaller hawk, like the 'Nam hawk. But, it will be one piece construction, with cutouts in the handle. Material will be 1075, or 1084, maybe 01. IF there is a spike, it will be small, to keep down weight! I'm thinking .Nam hawk head, but with a curvy edge (with a beard on the bottom). There MIGHT be a cutout in the head too, like the outline of an eagle instead of an outline of a heart, like I see on other hawks.

Did I win?

Hmmm....
A completely non-metallic fighting 'hawk??

Or am I the only type of insane dude who would think up something like this? (I actually have one... made it from G-10...) yeah... I probably am the only one that insane. :D:D

OK...some of you are onto it. Keep the ideas comin'!!!

Remember...you don't have to hit it on the head...we are looking for the most accurate guess...and remember to include the design family, i.e. Vietnam, Rogers' Rangers, Next Generation Ranger, Axotic, etc., and feel free to mix and match to communicate your concept! (hint, hint, ;))

umm...

A g-10 fighting hawk with a Vietnam head and an Axotic handle??

How about, a carbon fibre Axotic handle with a titanium Vietnam head, perhaps with a Carbide cutting edge, or some type of a laminated in cutting edge?

LOL!!! Satin...we have one of those already...our training hawk is all hand laid Fiberglass, light and fast. You're not insane brother...you're just one of us! :)

You're second submittal is noted.

Keep em' comin!

NG Ranger spikeless style TALONITE head and micarta handle. Next Generation Tactical. I'm surprised no one has gotten it right yet... your projects sure are sealed tight, Andy!

I never win anything but I'll give it a try anyway.
Lets see It has to be a double headed axotic line hawk. Head is shaped like the eagle beak in the ATC logo. head is made out of D2 like the Brend. Handle is made out of Hickory but for another $100 you can order the delren handle, or for 350.00 more one of those cocobolo (sp) handles.

I know I'm wrong but this would be one cool hawk!!!!
V-man

btw andy if it is not a carbon fiber thermoplastic handle, you should look into making one, it would be perfect, strong lightweight, impact resistant, and it can be repaired. My consulting fee is one NG ranger hawk with a thermoplastic handle.

herm maybe it is..

A vietnam styled hawk, it could be a laminent like D2 between two slabs of Ti. But my bet is still on 0-1

oh and it still has the carbon fiber thermoplastic handle

Back