And so it comes...

It’s Friday, 21 May, and the Blade show in Atlanta begins two weeks from today, just four days after Memorial Day.

So what — it’s just another show, right?

Well, no, it’s the show, and it’s like Christmas, a trip to Disneyland and winning the lotto all rolled into one for people in the knife industry. Non knife people may consider a year to be from January first to January first, but for blade aficionados, the Blade show is Christmas and New Years: this is when all the goodies are announced.

We all have a good idea of some of the things that will be announced and shown (BK-14, anyone) at Blade, but what other goodies will there be? We know the Tweeners will be shown, but what are they, really? How about the new BK-5 Magnum Camp, or a new Machax? What will we learn about those? What will there be that takes us completely by surprise?

Is anyone else looking forward to Blade as much as I am? It’s always exciting to see what Ethan and Toooj are going to come up with, and I just have a feeling that this year will be a blockbuster. I somehow don’t think we’ll see the folder, though: maybe next year.

What are your thoughts? What do you think is coming? What am I forgetting?

Let us know.

i'd reply with something but i'm too busy in a fetal position on the corner, muttering...two more weeks...two more weeks.

i'd reply with something but i'm too busy in a fetal position on the corner, muttering...two more weeks...two more weeks.

I understand, JV3, I understand.

Two weeks is a long time to stay curled up chanting Twee-ners!, Twee-ners!, Twee-ners!, though.:D

I'm glad you responded to this thread, even if you had to do it from a fetal position. I was beginning to think the thread had cooties, or something, since there weren't any responses.

I understand, JV3, I understand.

Two weeks is a long time to stay curled up chanting Twee-ners!, Twee-ners!, Twee-ners!, though.:D

I'm glad you responded to this thread, even if you had to do it from a fetal position. I was beginning to think the thread had cooties, or something, since there weren't any responses.

wait til you see them :)

Bladite

wait til you see them :)

Bladite

I can't wait. Yeah, I know it's only two more weeks, but I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. I've been waiting since some prototypes were shown at the last Blade.

You're still a tease. The least you could have done was sneak a picture and post it for me. I'm sure no one else would have seen it if you marked it private; don't look.

Have you talked to Ethan? Is he going nuts getting ready for Blade?

P.S. Have you seen them? Do you like them?

I can't wait. Yeah, I know it's only two more weeks, but I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. I've been waiting since some prototypes were shown at the last Blade.

You're still a tease. The least you could have done was sneak a picture and post it for me. I'm sure no one else would have seen it if you marked it private; don't look.

Have you talked to Ethan? Is he going nuts getting ready for Blade?

P.S. Have you seen them? Do you like them?

i'm still figuring out how to best photograph them ;)

snerk

Ethan is all "it's cool, it's cool" :> he loves that show. i wish i could go this year... oh well.

Bladite

i'm still figuring out how to best photograph them ;)

snerk

Ethan is all "it's cool, it's cool" :> he loves that show. i wish i could go this year... oh well.

Bladite

Yeah, I'm sure you're just figuring out how to photograph them. Yeah, that's it. Sure. You only mention how cool they are to torment me. Guess I'll have to wait for Blade.

I'm sorry you can't make it this year, too. You got some good shots last year. I don't know who will take pics this year.

I know he loves that show. Has a lot of fun over at Jeff's booth, too.

Yeah, I'm sure you're just figuring out how to photograph them. Yeah, that's it. Sure. You only mention how cool they are to torment me. Guess I'll have to wait for Blade.

I'm sorry you can't make it this year, too. You got some good shots last year. I don't know who will take pics this year.

I know he loves that show. Has a lot of fun over at Jeff's booth, too.

yeah, i even got a new lens :> very sharp, very nice... just in time for Blade that i'm not going to ;)

have to get Ethan to send me more rare prototype and one of a kinds to scan, photograph, and return to the vaults. i'm honored he trusted me with all his old literature and photographs

Bladite

yeah, i even got a new lens :> very sharp, very nice... just in time for Blade that i'm not going to ;)

have to get Ethan to send me more rare prototype and one of a kinds to scan, photograph, and return to the vaults. i'm honored he trusted me with all his old literature and photographs

Bladite

But you are going camping: you can use it for that. A good lens is always a good thing to have, even if you can't go to Blade.

You've been very good about being the unofficial archivist of all things Becker. I can't think of anyone better, nor anyone who is more knowledgeable about Becker history. I don't blame you for feeling honored: that stuff is history, and I imagine it means a lot to him.

Too bad you're going to miss Blade.

But you are going camping: you can use it for that. A good lens is always a good thing to have, even if you can't go to Blade.

You've been very good about being the unofficial archivist of all things Becker. I can't think of anyone better, nor anyone who is more knowledgeable about Becker history. I don't blame you for feeling honored: that stuff is history, and I imagine it means a lot to him.

Too bad you're going to miss Blade.

yeah, a good lens is mighty fine compensation for not getting to see Blade :>

will come in handy for bugs and leaves and portraits and such. yar.

i'm sure i'll see some shiny things to photograph

Bladite

yeah, a good lens is mighty fine compensation for not getting to see Blade :>

will come in handy for bugs and leaves and portraits and such. yar.

i'm sure i'll see some shiny things to photograph

Bladite

I have no doubt.:D

I have to get up at 05:00 to do stuff, so sayanora.

Back