andy, quick question

if i sent you a spyderco mule would you be willing to make a little project out of it and put a handle on it? it would combine 2 of my favorite companies. if you said yes i'd have to get my hands on one. i was just wondering. it would probably end up costing more than a lady finger, which i still have yet to buy.

thank you,
nick

Guys, I don't do work on other makers knives. It just takes too much time out of the process. I'm sorry, but this just isn't possible. Now, if you want to send it in to give Dylan some practice with me looking over his shoulder, and if he agrees, thats a different story.

Guys, I don't do work on other makers knives. It just takes too much time out of the process. I'm sorry, but this just isn't possible. Now, if you want to send it in to give Dylan some practice with me looking over his shoulder, and if he agrees, thats a different story.

shiiiiit. I barely have enough time to work on my own stuff. Andy works me like a damn slave over there.

"profile these, true up those, make the tube, heat treat those, clean the vaccuum, sand the floor, paint the fence, wax on, wax off..." It's a nightmare!

Just kidding. To really address the question, it's not a project for me. When I'm not helping Andy, I need to concentrate on my own knives. I'm going to try to get as many done as I can before the Blade Show and I don't get enough time to work on them with this stupid day-job holding up the works.

You can do one very easily yourself. These two are ones I made with just some simple hand tools and a 1 x 30 belt sander which makes it quick but not necessary. I think its worth the attempt just take your time a tinker with it until its right. If you are interested I have a few 9cr18mo blanks I can tinker with and make you one. I also do kydex sheathes with them. Let me know.

Again a few crappy cell phone picks

Andy if you don`t want this on your forum please remove I will not be offended.

Attachments

• mule1.jpg
    mule1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 29
  • mule2.jpg
    mule2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 25
  • mule3.jpg
    mule3.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 39
You can do one very easily yourself. These two are ones I made with just some simple hand tools and a 1 x 30 belt sander which makes it quick but not necessary. I think its worth the attempt just take your time a tinker with it until its right. If you are interested I have a few 9cr18mo blanks I can tinker with and make you one. I also do kydex sheathes with them. Let me know.

Again a few crappy cell phone picks

Andy if you don`t want this on your forum please remove I will not be offended.

Hell no I love when y'all post pics of your work. Thats cool as hell. I like your handle work. That orange/black looks great!

If y'all would like, we can do a tutorial thread here on this project. Are these knives available for purchase? I'll get one, and go through the steps here. You can follow along, and I'd love to see pics of yours as well.

A tutorial thread would be great! I've always wanted to do one myself, but I just lack the knowhow.

Spyderco releases these Mule testers every few months to test different blade steels, the last one being s35vn I think (modified s30v). Not sure when the next one will come around, but you can find some of them in the exchange.

I hope you get enough support for this, I would really like to see this happen.

Andy,

The latest batch of Mules are spendy but the batch before that were made of 9Cr18Mo and only ran about $20 or so. I know that a lot of people bought multiples of that run so you might be able to find someone willing to sell you one at cost. I'd just give you mine but it is for my collection. :(

Alright N-Hall. Send me your Mule, and I'll put a handle one it and send it back. Then I can do the tutorial. I'm not spending 80 bucks on a Spyderco.

Andy, I have a few of the 9cr13mo ones I can sell you for cost or you could take the money as a partial payment for my order or as a discount on the woodsman that you just finished that you said you were keeping.

Andy, I was going to offer to send you a Mule for free, but now I don't want to mess up N-Hall's chance to get a handle on his. :)

i don't even have one. i was just wondering if andy would. it would give me a reason to buy one. go for it vege-taco, if andy is really up to it.

Lets give N-Hall first shot though. If you wanna buy one bro, go ahead. I'll put a handle on it and do a playalong thread for the rest.

Back