Angle for Electricians Knife

ProdPhoto96322.jpg

I found an imperial electricians knife in a box from when I was a kid (similar condition to the picture) and was wondering what angle for the flat screwdriver blade 15 per side maybe 25?

I just picked up a new old stock Camillus TL-29 and the edge on the screwdriver blade is just a bit under 25dps.
It's used as a blade to strip wire and I roll the wire on my thumb to make the cut so overly sharp would be a drawback, I kept the factory angles.

I just picked up a new old stock Camillus TL-29 and the edge on the screwdriver blade is just a bit under 25dps.
It's used as a blade to strip wire and I roll the wire on my thumb to make the cut so overly sharp would be a drawback, I kept the factory angles.
Exactly what I was thinking so you don't cut straight through the wire. The edge on mine was so flat it was along the lines of a butter knife, thank you sir

That is what I would do. Go just under 15 degrees per side. You said it was almost butter knife sharp... use stones to get it close and if you like finish with a strop. But I'm pretty satisfied stopping at the Very Fine DMT stone.

Back