Anil villager Farmcatta Knife

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
16 3/4'' 40 ounce villager Farmcatta Knife by Anil. Usual great work by Anil. Sadan wood handle took hit during shipment between Nepal and Reno developed minor crack. Bonus buy at $138.

mnrVRFD.jpg

66LzzwL.jpg

Ine2Qrs.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Did I read that right? 40 oz? That is a monster! Great price for that much steel. Just needs a little super glue on the handle. This will end up making some lucky dog a very happy camper. Escpesially at that price. Jeeze Louize

Will do! I picked up a more "standard" one (24oz) before Christmas that has found its duty in the kitchen. It is crazy sharp and is great at slicing meat, cutting vegetables, etc. My son in-law really liked it, so this one is intended for him.....or maybe he'll end up with mine!

So this Farmcatta has arrived. I haven't had a chance to put it to use yet, but first impressions are that I like it. It is a much different animal than the one purchased previously. Specs on the first were as follows: Kami Kumar, Overall Length 16 3/4 ", Weight 24oz Spine thickness .228", Blade height 2 1/8", from edge to spine. This one: Kami Anil, O.L 16 7/8, Wt. 40oz, Spine .278", Ht. 2 5/8. The Kumar version is light and snappy easy on the wrist and a great kitchen knife slicer/chopper the Anil version feels massive in comparison. More cleaver' ish than knife like. Not that it might not do the same tasks equally well, but way too heavy for the wife to use that way. I think it would be better served outdoors as more of an all purpose camp knife. I can see it working great for processing kindling or other camp chores. I will also give it a try the next time we are butchering a hog. Fit and finish particularly of the handle scales is much different as well. The Kumar version is smoother, with the wood matching the metal of the blade and rivets. It is also fuller filling my hand a bit better. The slabs on the new Anil version are thinner with the metal being "proud". Some of that may be more due the the natural shrinkage of the types of wood than the original finish done by the Kami's. Long winded post, but maybe it can help someone else picture what they might be buying somewhere down the road.

Back