Announcement: No more custom orders.

Hello knife community.
I am publicly announcing that as of June 2004 Newton Knives will stop taking any custom knife orders. After reviewing my order books and realizing that there is between 5 to 6 years worth of work on the books, I must stop taking custom orders to attempt to catch up on work to ensure as minimal waiting periods for my customers as possible.

For a very brief period, I will not totally shut the door on orders from the community that have been talked about but not actually finalized. So orders received prior to June 2004 will still be accepted. After that date only the knives I make for shows will be available for sale. I hope everyone understands that this is in the best interest of customers having to wait too long for a knife.

Sincerely,
Ron Newton

I guess I'd better hurry up and give you my list of the other 74 knives I want then! :)

What Keith said goes for me too. I'd certainly encourage anyone with an inchoate order to firm it up. I'm sure glad I did - whew! :eek:

Roger

RogerP said:
What Keith said goes for me too. I'd certainly encourage anyone with an inchoate order to firm it up. I'm sure glad I did - whew! :eek:

Roger

Roger - that is the first time I have seen the word "inchoate". My compliments on your command of the English language. Had to do a web search to find:

in·cho·ate

1. In an initial or early stage; incipient.
2. Imperfectly formed or developed: a vague, inchoate idea.

Anyways, glad I stumbled onto this thread or I may never have thought about finalizing my inchoate order. :)

Stop using those fancy words. Makes my cerebellum hurt!

:D

That hurts.
After seeing pictures of Keith's knife being made, I couldn't resist and made an order with Ron last week only to cancel it the very next morning because I felt guilty after I had a discussion with my wife and agreed that we really needed to watch our extravagant spending this year. "All for the children", of course. :barf:

What I should have agreed with is that my wife SHOULD watch her extravagant spending and I can buy what the hell I want!.
I sound tough don't I? :D

RWS, reinstate the order. With Ron's backlog, your "extravagant spending" won't kick in for 6 or 7 years. (By then, the kids should be old enough to help out with part-time jobs.)

SharpNJ said:
RWS, reinstate the order. With Ron's backlog, your "extravagant spending" won't kick in for 6 or 7 years. (By then, the kids should be old enough to help out with part-time jobs.)

Awesome suggestion! I should have thought of that.

Ron, that is a great position to be in, you earned it. I've been trying to call
but something in Wyoming is blocking the line. I wish he'd go play with his
Oosic. ;)

C'mon Roger, you and I can capture the market.

Win

Danbo said:
Stop using those fancy words. Makes my cerebellum hurt!

:D

Uh Danbo, that would be your CEREBRUM... the part of your brain that is responsible for logical thought. The cerebellum helps you do things like breathe and keep your spinal cord from slipping down your spinal canal. ;) :p

Mongo said:
Uh Danbo, that would be your CEREBRUM... the part of your brain that is responsible for logical thought. The cerebellum helps you do things like breathe and keep your spinal cord from slipping down your spinal canal. ;) :p
You don't expect him to be a rocket surgeon do you?

Win,wondered when you will chime in with some words."Play with some oosic"!!! :mad: :mad: .You should have been quicker to have grabbed that big ladder patterned bowie of Newton's with the oosic.Strangely,it keeps getting even bigger the more you play with it :D :D .
Danbo,I did not see any sign of that cerebellum of yours when we met recently,you must have hid it someplace safe ;) .

Back