Announcing the NEW 319-2 Proper!

Just saw this - a $240 slip joint? Ooof! And I like the Proper alot, but I would rather see a better price - S90V, uncoated, uncoated liners and leave the scales G10, I'll change them myself if I want.

I might consider if they would just change blade steel, leave all else alone and keep the price below $180. Why is it all the big knife companies seem to think everyone wants coated stainless? IT'S STAINLESS!!!!!!!! Sheesh!

Just saw this - a $240 slip joint? Ooof! And I like the Proper alot, but I would rather see a better price - S90V, uncoated, uncoated liners and leave the scales G10, I'll change them myself if I want.

I might consider if they would just change blade steel, leave all else alone and keep the price below $180. Why is it all the big knife companies seem to think everyone wants coated stainless? IT'S STAINLESS!!!!!!!! Sheesh!
Where does it say it is coated?

Also, quit complaining about S90V, this just might satisfy all those loud wankers begging for something other than S30V ;)

Also, quit complaining about S90V, this just might satisfy all those loud wankers begging for something other than S30V ;)

He probably mistook the dlc to mean the blade was coated. It is actually the hardware that is dlc. Also the liners are coated in dark earth pvd.

That said, I dont think s90v and carbon fiber makes a Proper $240. A chief competitor in the modern traditional realm is a Lionsteel Roundhead in m390, carbon fiber, and titanium for $130, the price of a standard Proper.

Last edited:

Oops, I figure if it's not satin, it's coated, though distressed stonewash is an ok finish, but not worth paying for.

Oh! But it does have the Extra - Lanyard Hole! There ya go!

But wait!! My old model 319 has a lanyard hole, so, there must be an EXTRA one on the new improved version?

Last edited:
Seriously, the bump up in materials and all is nice to see on a "plain jane", non-axis locking, light enough to not even know it's in the pocket slip joint. I am mostly poking fun at the exorbitant price proposed. There are other sellers out there that have the pre-order down in the $204 range, and if that is any indication of the suggested markup, my LKS should be sub $200. They have had better prices on everything I have wanted so far.

We will see what we will see...

I’ve always wanted a proper. And although there’s some complaints (as with all bm’s), now I reeeeeealy want one :rolleyes:

Looks good. Out of my budget for a slip joint but I don't think the price is unreasonable if I add the cost of nice cf scales and the upgrade in blade steel to the price of the standard proper. Not to mention this still has a factory warranty, unlike a diy mod.

Back