Announcing the NEW 3400 Autocrat!

Satin is only $480... hah.
Maybe they've got some new G&G-like tech to completely lock up the blades in their new OTF and just forgot to mention it?

the msrp is actually $10 lower than that of the infidel. so figure it’ll probably be around $420ish out the door.

When I saw G10 and S30V my first though was “ok, a cheaper cousin to the Infidel, make sense”...then I saw the price *facepalm*

Stupid joke. Awful blade finish, always blemished knives, and this tag for the steel and everything is just a miserable joke. Same blade finish on darkstar, that on bohler and like hours worth of milled cf, plus milled Ti clip
TWICE LOWER PRICE
And doesnt look ugly.
Half thousand, no, thanks.

Thank goodness it comes with a premium steel and it's an everyday & tactical knife, cause you know, I get tactical every day!

I absolutely love how much people whine here....if you don't like, think it costs too much, wants perfection from production companies don't buy it...problem solved!
I do understand its expensive for those without disposable income and its still $300+ ish for those of us with mil/leo discounts but made in America comes at a price!

I absolutely love how much people whine here....if you don't like, think it costs too much, wants perfection from production companies don't buy it...problem solved!
I do understand its expensive for those without disposable income and its still $300+ ish for those of us with mil/leo discounts but made in America comes at a price!
The objectively better Ultratech is like 175 cheaper so. Benchmade otfs have always been overpriced. How dare people have valid criticisms, right?

It’s not that people are mad because it’s so expensive that they can’t afford it, it’s that people are disappointed that it costs so much relative to the materials used and what the competition is bringing out for less. I think all OTF knives are overpriced, but that’s just my opinion. I like BM, I’ve owned many and been pleased with them.

It’s just funny that every time they release a new model, and I guess the price, I am at least $100 low. Sometimes it’s twice as much as I would have guessed based on other knives I’ve purchased. I would also wager a lot of the people complaining are those that like the company, and the knives, but just can’t justify the prices they charge.

The objectively better Ultratech is like 175 cheaper so. Benchmade otfs have always been overpriced. How dare people have valid criticisms, right?

I know right..how dare people bitch, piss and moan about something they probably wouldn't buy in the first place in. I have literally seen the same people in every benchmade thread bitching about the price...don't buy it and give it a damn rest. Way too much complaining in today's society! I have owned Microtechs and have been fairly unimpressed with the otf's in any price range!

Last edited:
I know right..how dare people bitch, piss and moan about something they probably wouldn't buy in the first place in. I have literally seen the same people in every benchmade thread bitching about the price...don't buy it and give it a damn rest. Way too much complaining in today's society! I have owned Microtechs and have been fairly unimpressed with the otf's in any price range!
Valid criticisms, such as price, are not "bitching, pissing, and moaning". I've owned almost every benchmade otf, including two different infidels. Loved them, but I still have my Ultratech and none of the benchmades. I'll almost definitely try this one too, but not until its available on the secondary market. 420 bucks for this is pretty wild.

And genuinely not sure how Microtech otfs are unimpressive. Opinions and all that, but they've always had a better feel to them to me. And the huge price difference.

I just got a bm phaeton with the same blade steel and aluminum handle for just over $200. so $400+ for g10 and s30v is definitely steep and at that point I would probably just spend the money on a new infidel and get the aluminum.

Yeah, it's expensive. 'Nuff said about that, value, American made, company politics, blah, blah blah. The market can decide.

Those things not considered, I think it fills a very cool niche in Benchmade's lineup. I have a personal bias against aluminum handles; they feel cheap to me and no matter how good the finish, they eventually start looking like crap. While it may not be considered a "premium" material, G-10 will look good forever and has a much better feel in my hand. Also the steel; for whatever reason, Benchmade uses D2 in the Infidel and their balisongs, so this is a big upgrade. Sure, I'd prefer 20CV, but I'm not complaining. It's also the same size as an Infidel but almost an ounce lighter. Judged on it's own merits, I'm excited for this OTF and hope the line continues to a smaller size and a single-edged version that is more practical for EDC.

Valid criticisms, such as price, are not "bitching, pissing, and moaning". I've owned almost every benchmade otf, including two different infidels. Loved them, but I still have my Ultratech and none of the benchmades. I'll almost definitely try this one too, but not until its available on the secondary market. 420 bucks for this is pretty wild.

And genuinely not sure how Microtech otfs are unimpressive. Opinions and all that, but they've always had a better feel to them to me. And the huge price difference.

owned a few otf's that make microtechs feel pedestrian unless your talking customs then thats different.

Back