Announcing the NEW 591 BOOST!

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by BKC Customer Service, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Argle

Argle Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Amen!

2. Benchmade

Benchmade BMK Jimmy - Design Engineer Moderator

Jan 25, 2013
    The liners and pivot can take it. We tested this. The blade bent under heavy load. Then...we just bent it back :D. Mechanism remained in tact.

Insipid Moniker and colin.p like this.
  3. Whitedog

Whitedog

Dec 30, 2005
    Paint can opener?

4. Benchmade

Jan 25, 2013
    Haha, yeah no problem.

5. Eljay2

Eljay2

Sep 25, 2018
    Love that kind of honest!! :)

6. BenchMEDAL

BenchMEDAL Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Isn’t this basically an opposing bevel Triage in 3V, minus the safety hook & glass breaker with colorful Boost scales?

cbrstar, Cypress and mdrgn79 like this.
  7. stevejams

stevejams Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Somehow this knife seems pointless....

kreole and Cypress like this.
  8. Benchmade

Jan 25, 2013
    Plus better handle ergonomics, tip is angled for scraping and its an assisted opener...

BenchMEDAL likes this.
  9. BenchMEDAL

BenchMEDAL Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I’m surprised Benchmade didn’t merely add those features to the Triage, which was a 4 in 1 tool and geared towards rescue applications. That would have been great! This is a 2 in 1 tool where if used for rescues applications, I’d now need to carry a separate safety hook and separate glass punch. I’m really not sure who the intended user is for this model.

10. Benchmade

Jan 25, 2013
    Mechanics for the most part. Not first responders for sure.

BenchMEDAL likes this.
  11. Chesapeake/cbr

Chesapeake/cbr

Apr 5, 2019
    . No bring back the 720

12. kreole

kreole

Jul 23, 2009
    Respectfully, that will definitely not be true. Non knife enthusiasts aren't buying any knife for $161.50 (85% of that $190 retail price), never mind something they want to beat on.

I agree with you that it's nice Benchmade is not afraid to try new things, though.

13. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    I get the prying thing, but why on earth did you pick a nonadjustable pivot? A knife that is likely to do prying is also likely to loosen up. It certainly didn’t need to assisted opening for a knife meant to be a tool first and foremost.

14. bachman44

bachman44 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Looks like they took an angle grinder to the tip.

15. Chesapeake/cbr

Chesapeake/cbr

Apr 5, 2019
    They should incorporate a level into the blade ,and a stud finder

16. Knicked Digits

Knicked Digits

Dec 24, 2016
    The mechanism may have remained intact but how much side to side play developed due to the strain?

cbrstar likes this.
  17. Chariotz4

Chariotz4 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 5, 2016
    I've actually been discussing new Benchmades recently with a friend of mine over the last little while and he brought up that given how Benchmade has been releasing a lot of new variations of their current knives recently (the new-look tactical triage, the M4 "Super Freek", the Bailout which is a slightly larger and slightly different Bugout in my eyes, the Gold class Bugout which is obviously another Bugout and now the new 3V blunt-tip boost), they should revisit the Adamas and give it the 3V treatment, given that Benchmade seems to stumbled into fair amount of it; I couldn't agree more! I've never owned an Adamas, but I've come close to buying it in the past and a fresh take on that classic in a different steel would probably finally push me to buy one.

stevejams and Cypress like this.
  18. stevejams

stevejams Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2018
    I own and absolutely love my admas......but an adamas in a “supersteel”????? Why, yes. Yes I think that would do just fine

19. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Adamas is a fantastic knife, i say grab one even in its current steel it's tried and tested true. A new Adams 2.0 with a stonewashed uncoated blade in a new steel would be great.

stevejams and Chariotz4 like this.
  20. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    New models seem to be taking a beating. This one isn't for me - a 3v sheepsfoot might be though. Micarta scales please. :)

You down with that @Cypress ?

Cypress likes this.