Announcment: The good and the bad

TMHunt

Knifemaker/Moderator
Many of you have been wondering what I've been so giddy about the last few weeks. Its been an exciting time for my little shop and life in general. While things are still bleek and depressing at my other "job", myself, wife, children and my craft of knifemaking are all alive, healthy, and doing well, and for that I am thankfull.
Many of you here have gotten to know me pretty well over the last year and have been a big help with the success I have enjoyed as of late. Enough Thanks can never be said for your encouragement, and support and its a great honor to call you all friends. Moving forward from here, I am excited to meet more friends, and will continue to cherish spending time with like minded poeple.
Having said that, the bad news is I am going to have to shut down my shop to NEW orders temporarily. As many of you know, knifemaking is part time for me (even though I have been spending 40 hrs. a week in my shop) I have enough pending orders to last me for months AND..........................here it comes!.....................I just sent my check off to Blade in Atlanta to be a exibitor. Thats right folks! TMHunt custom knives is going to be at Blade. I refuse to go ill equipped so a large quanity of knives need to be made in the coming months on top of what is already spoken for, and honestly do not see it possible while continuing to fill orders. Now believe me, I've thought long and hard about this, lost sleep, consoled some poeple who's opinion I value and everything pointed to this was the time even if it meens temporarily stopping orders. I feel like I am letting the very poeple who have helped me get here down, and to stop taking orders seems counter productive. But, for me to move forward as a knifemaker, I believe that Blade is a opprotunity that may only knock once. With both the Yuma and the M-18 hitting three very popular magazines very soon, like I said, the timing is right.
Friends, please believe that this is only temporary, and I realize none of these things would be happening without YOU. As I stated earlier, all pending orders WILL be filled, and I thank you for your patence. I will try my hardest to post a knife for sale here and there here on my sub forum for you my friends here on BF. So please keep visiting here and see what I have to offer.......Its going to be a exciting 2013, and I wish to take all of you along.

Thank you all!
God Bless!
Todd

Last edited:
HOLY HELL! Congrats man! That is awesome! If anyone should be mad about that, they just need to go to Blade so they can pick up a nice piece of steel there!

This is great news. I wish you the best of luck. I think you have the talent/designs to make it a full time job if that is what you want. One (actually about 3) of your knives are on my "to-buy-list"

Keep us updated and keep the pics of your work/creations flowing.....

Does this mean I have to go back to hookin'? Oh wait..I get to go to Blade too!

Congrats Todd! I'm sure you'll do fine at Blade! We're even thinking about coming down to the show!

Congrats Todd! You're turning out some awesome blades and the more exposure you can get the better. Here's hoping Blade is a great show for you!

Awesome news man. I was just showing the maroon handled Yuma to a friend who is one of the officers at my Bank and he really fell in love with it, and his dad collects knives too :) . Looking forward to seeing you at Blade!!

looking forward to seeing you at Blade :)

and buying an M18... soon i hope. working on that job thing :D

If you need more table help, I'd be willing to make the sacrifice and sleep on the floor... :D
good luck!

Congratulations Todd! That's very exciting news. You'll just have to give us some sneak peeks as the Blade show stuff starts coming together.

Wow guys. This is really what its all about. Thanks for your support. I really feel bad about stoping incoming orders, but it nessessary to pull off Blade. Since being a husband and a father is not a option of pulling off the table, I had to figure out something to allow me some MAJOR shop time. Going to Blade as a exibitor has only been a fantisy in my head that I never thought would happen. Here I am. I'm determined to make it as successfull as I can, and incourage any of you that want to go do the same. I've never been a man that was easily intimidated or used to backing down. But I must admit, its a little unsettling to step up and take a swing at the big boys. It sure would be nice to see friends there!

Hell yes man, that's freakin awesome news. Congrats brother, I hope you do well, and after seeing your craftsmanship, I have no doubts that you will.

That's Great man! I am hoping to attend Blade this year for the first time and maybe we will get a chance to finally meet face to face looking forward to it!

Say hi to Ed Fowler for me. I would say Congratz, but I already said that on the phone..lol I said in chat a while ago, that someday we would be saying "Hey I knew that Tim Hunt guy, before he was famous"

Bring as much stock as you can to Blade. Rich Marchand sold out before the show even started. Your stuff is good. I mean REALLY good. It will sell quickly. You'll have a good show.

Your website and FaceBook pages now reflect this announcement, Boss man. Congratulations..we've stopped selling knives!! Yeah, yeah..I know. I was just getting the hang of it though..

Ah, damn... I was just dreaming up a Hornet or Yuma. Can you be bribed with Sun King growlers? :cool:

That's awesome though! Blade should be a lot of fun behind the booth. I've ran an exhibitor booth at a few decent-sized trade shows and had a blast every time. Granted, I worked my ass ragged, but it was a lot of fun.

Back