Another Custom Etched Showpiece D2 Fixed Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another beautiful (free hand) etched blade by yours truly. The video really doesn't do the knife justice. Its a real nuisance when the camera won't focus on the etched patterns because the light isn't hitting it at the right angle. You have to hold it in your hands and watch as different angles of light dance around the etched surface revealing the intricate and ornate patterns. This knife took me 25 - 30 hours total to complete, but it was all worth it.
What I have created is an extremely beautiful, yet functional tool and or showpiece. The knife is a high end OEM D2 fixed blade with ribbed/scalloped dark emerald green and black Micarta slabs that feel great in the hand. It comes with a secure (locking/clicking with rivet holes) kydex sheath that wont let go of the knife even when shaken violently upside down. The blade has been sharpened with Japanese water-stones, starting with 600 grit and progressively working up to a 12,000 grit stone. This D2 holds a razor sharp edge for a very long time.

high end OEM D2 :poop: Chinese counterfeits ...Fox Knives Pro-Hunter
fox-pro-hunter-teflon-fx-131-mgt-cm-large.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
https://ca.dhgate.com/product/fox-f...ta-handle/387066619.html#s1-4-1;ca|2939107175

Last edited:
Its not a counterfeit either. You can purchase the knife itself with no brand markings or logos... which is what i did... not through dhgate

Last edited:
Its not a counterfeit either. You can purchase the knife itself with no brand markings or logos... which is what i did... not through dhgate

While I don't care for the way chumaman has addressed this with you, he is correct in this being a counterfeit.

This is a design by Michele Pensato (Known as Molletta, a forum member, and my favorite designer), who has designed many knives for Lionsteel. (https://www.lionsteel.it/n/en/designer/5/molletta_-_pensato_michele)
This knife was originally released as the Nexus Tito, and is now sold by Fox as the Pro-Hunter. If I recall correctly, Lionsteel manufactured this for both Nexus and Fox.

You do excellent work, and I admire your skills. Don't let this derail you, but be mindful of purchasing/working on knock-offs. There are some good, inexpensive blanks that can be had by some makers that would be a great canvas for you to work with. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back