Another first Fiddleback thread . . .

J. Oeser

Gold Member
I have been around Blade Forums for a while and finally got around to buying a FB knife. Yeah, I know, what took so long, right. I don't know why I waited because this thing is absolutely amazing. Still no sheath, but once it gets here I will be putting this beauty to use.

And believe me this won't be my last. I think a machete, Arete, Bushcraft, . . . and so on are on the shor . . . I mean long list. :D;)

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

That is a sweet one. Let me know if you ever decide to sell it, I've got a Bow Legged Joe that matches it. Love that Black Palm. Excellent choice.

That is gorgeous, and you will get tons of use out of it. I love the black palm also, and will have to get one in it when one comes up. My list includes a Palmer (no longer made so maybe a Runt), a Hunter, a Woodsman, a Fighter, a.... whatever... Andy is a magician I tell you!

Thanks for the kind words. When this came up I really liked the look of the palm but I have had no experience with it before. It feels great in the hand and seems to be very durable. Normally I'm a micarta guy but I'm really loving this knife. The other nice thing about this one is it's CPM 154. I'll definitely grab some carbon steel blades later.

Strat, I think the best magic Andy has is the ability to make my money disappear. :D:p

Im seriously looking into getting a fiddleback, but i dont really know much about them. they look right up my ally though.

is that custom or one of his production knives?

sorry im new to the forum, so excuse my noobness....

Im seriously looking into getting a fiddleback, but i dont really know much about them. they look right up my ally though.

is that custom or one of his production knives?

sorry im new to the forum, so excuse my noobness....

It's a custom made by Andy. I bought it second hand, not direct. I would highly recommend buying one of his knives, or two, or whatever the case may be. The fit and finish is amazing and the ergos are incredible. I will be buying more without a doubt.

what is the steel?

im just trying to find a good old knife thats not too fancy, just a knife... that works well..

i have a Landi Bushcraft knife, and i love the shape and ergos of it, but the grind isnt fitting me very well, so for now, thats the only knife i use, and it can be frustrating at times to sharpen.

The steel on this one is CPM-154 but you can get his knives in a variety of different steels. IIRC O1 is standard. Somebody correct me if that is wrong. :)

Nice score. Nice fat handle on that one. CPM 154.

Yes. 01 is standard, and its what I carry too.

Thanks Andy, you did a fantastic job on this one, as usual. I didn't realize this one had a little thicker handles but they fit very nicely in my hands. Now I can't wait to get my next FBF knife.:D

Thanks Andy, you did a fantastic job on this one, as usual. I didn't realize this one had a little thicker handles but they fit very nicely in my hands. Now I can't wait to get my next FBF knife.:D

Congrats Jared! That is a beauty for sure. Love the fat handles on mine too

Nice score Jared she looks like a real winner. I'd like to pick up one of Andy's blades one day. It's a tough decision though he has quite a few nice ones. I know....i know just get one of each. :D:p

Doug

Back