Review Another Kizer

It took me awhile to decide to purchase a Chinese knife. Originally I purchased a Kizer Original black for a relative. I liked it so much that I decided to give Kizer another try. So I purchased a Begleiter Mini Titanium frag, M390. That knife was great for the price. So I purchased another, a Gemini titanium. I love titanium and carbon fiber. Here are photos of the Gemini. The pivot has changed to a simple design. You can say I have the Kizer bug. :)

IMG_1135-M.jpg

IMG_1136-M.jpg

It took me awhile to decide to purchase a Chinese knife. Originally I purchased a Kizer Original black for a relative. I liked it so much that I decided to give Kizer another try. So I purchased a Begleiter Mini Titanium frag, M390. That knife was great for the price. So I purchased another, a Gemini titanium. I love titanium and carbon fiber. Here are photos of the Gemini. The pivot has changed to a simple design. You can say I have the Kizer bug. :)

IMG_1135-M.jpg

IMG_1136-M.jpg

It's a good bug to have. They continue to impress. For instance, I just got the Towser K. I was surprised by how solidly it locked up versus the incredible drop-shut action. When I took it apart for my usual new-knife orientation, I saw why. It's a budget knife running on multi-row bearings!

BTW, the Gemini remains one of my all-time favorite designs. I have a few of them now.

They recently got me again with this exclusive from Mojave Outdoors in N690 and burlap Micarta.

bLEWmPf.jpg

IMG_1135-M.jpg

IMG_1136-M.jpg
Nice to see they implemented the "new" sharpening notch to the titanium gemini along with the smooth pivot screw...

Micarta Gemini differences:
jwd6GNK.jpg

XZjUtq2.jpg
Just went down the Kizer rabbit hole looking for the older version with the full stainless liner (far left). I wonder why they ditched that in the newer models. According to Kizer, the weight goes from 3.75oz to 2.75oz with the change. I wonder why they changed that. Does that affect the feel of the knife much? Seems like it would...

Last edited:
Just went down the Kizer rabbit hole looking for the older version with the full stainless liner (far left). I wonder why they ditched that in the newer models. According to Kizer, the weight goes from 3.75oz to 2.75oz with the change. I wonder why they changed that. Does that affect the feel of the knife much? Seems like it would...
May be not that much, but definitely noticeable.

I have a couple of versions of the Gemini with nested liners and honestly, it's fine. I don't think having the liners out to the scale edge actually offers a benefit. I like the feel of micarta and more coverage is better for me.

I have a couple of versions of the Gemini with nested liners and honestly, it's fine. I don't think having the liners out to the scale edge actually offers a benefit. I like the feel of micarta and more coverage is better for me.
I love the look of micarta on the edges of the scale, so nested liners is a pretty big aesthetic deal to me when it comes to nested vs shadowboxed or what have you. I like how the edges end up weathering in a way that accentuates the way the fibers in it look.

Back