Another misshaped tip from Ka-Bar

I hate to say it, but I'm a sucker for Ka-Bar knives. Since getting back into collecting knives, or perhaps it was the catalyst for my return, I've had a "thing" for Ka-Bar. I think it's the history and mythology behind the brand - that "USMC" association carries serious weight, and I really do love the smell of leather! So, I bought a Becker BK22, and it arrived with the tip geometry off by 1/8" (viewed from the top). I called Ka-Bar customer support, and they advised me that since their blades are "hand-made," they can sometimes be off. When I described it, they stated that my knife was "within tolerances." Fast forward to yesterday, when I received my Mark 1 w/stacked leather handle. It's a gorgeous knife, and the flat-ground blade is plenty slicey. But, like the Becker, the blade tip is off. It's not noticeable in the picture, but it is to the naked eye. Even my $16 Mora Craftline has matching tip geometry! So much for "handmade USA quality." Because I like the knife's overall aesthetic, I'll probably just keep it and reshape the tip profile myself. You can see the pics here:

Back