Another New Guy

I enjoy making light duty hatchets in the forge, use old horshoe rasps, bend and fold and weld. also do some pattern welded steel. working on a project now that is going to be a fillet knife. It will have three layers of carbon steel with a layer of stainless on the outside. Definitly a learning curve. Ive never welded anything so thin in the forge, nor stainless for that matter. I did not succeed on my first attempt, but I definitely learned a lot. I believe you always lean more when you fail, than when you succeed.

Awesome man, peacock bass are on my short list.

Posting pics can be pretty complicated. If you are not a paying member you can’t post directly, you have to use an image hosting site like Imgur.

Awesome man, peacock bass are on my short list.

Posting pics can be pretty complicated. If you are not a paying member you can’t post directly, you have to use an image hosting site like Imgur.
We'll if you ever get down around here look me up

Well hello, my names Matt. I live in south FL. Im a full time welder, part time charter captain, and hobby knifemaker/blacksmith. Im looking forward to getting to know some of you, learning new stuff from you guys.

Welcome to the forum Matt. I used to live in Jupiter Florida and In West palm beach off PBA Blvd. I really miss being able to just stop at a bridge and fish Year round. Take care.

Hello Matt and the rest of you

New membrer too. Live in Sweden. Dad, hunter, fisherman and hobby chef. Like to learn how to care for my knives. Read a lot about sharpening last days. Ordered a copy of the KME, (sorry) and 10 stones from Congress tools, blanks from Russia. Looking forward to get my sharpening going and to Learn more.

Welcome Fallknivenswe, I got a wicked edge, shapton stones, work sharp, sharpmaker, bunch bovine strops, bunch of cbn emulsion. Wicked edge is great for regrinds. This covers most of the bases for me.

Back