Another PLUMB discussion

Hi All,

I purchased this PLUMB brand axe from a neighborhood garage sale back about 10 years ago for a Quarter. The handle was still attached at the time but I knew the head would need re-hafting so I removed the handle. It has languished in this state, in my garage and later my shed, since then.
My initial plan was to get some tools and fix this thing up and put it in my camper trailer to use while camping. The head needs to be reshaped, sharpened and I need a handle.
Well, I don't have the tools, short of some files and sandpaper (no vise, no real workspace, not even a workbench) but also I cannot find a handle for this thing.
2lb head
1/2ish" Eye
25ish" handle

can anyone point me in the direction of an already made handle? I cannot make one. To be frank, I don't think there are any out there.

thanks

Hi All,

I purchased this PLUMB brand axe from a neighborhood garage sale back about 10 years ago for a Quarter. The handle was still attached at the time but I knew the head would need re-hafting so I removed the handle. It has languished in this state, in my garage and later my shed, since then.
My initial plan was to get some tools and fix this thing up and put it in my camper trailer to use while camping. The head needs to be reshaped, sharpened and I need a handle.
Well, I don't have the tools, short of some files and sandpaper (no vise, no real workspace, not even a workbench) but also I cannot find a handle for this thing.
2lb head
1/2ish" Eye
25ish" handle

can anyone point me in the direction of an already made handle? I cannot make one. To be frank, I don't think there are any out there.

thanks

ok so the photos did not load up. Its been a long time since I uploaded a pic to BF, back when Photobucket was free.

Back