Another SS bottle on the market

Looks rather clever, lots of threading means lots of dirt and ding issues. Any hands on reviews yet?

I like the design on this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing. I might order one next week once I get done moving. The price is right too.

that is pretty interesting..wonder how functioning it actually is with leaks and what not...over all i like it tho..good find :thumbup:

Hi all, Gald to help out lol with posting a link. I just read about it this morning while looking at the Dirt time forum.
I like the looks but as has been mentioned there are threads and that could cause a problem if dropped or banged against something.
Again it is just another option for having a SS water bottle. I am sure I will get one to try it out.
Yea the price is not to bad.

I love canteens lol. Can you really have enough? :D

Chat with you later,

Bryan

Since we are chatting about canteen some lol. Here is another one

http://www.uscanteen.com/ComoBlackonBlack-idv-55-2.html

that I like and do have. It is my favorite one. I can even put it in my shirt pocket and it sits just fine.
IMG_1640.jpg

the round ones do not. or at least I do not think the round ones fit and feel right in my front shirt pocket.

I carry this one in my Military butt pack set up.
IMG_1638.jpg

Anyways all, take care,

Bryan

Thanks for posting. I wonder what SS it is...

I always preferred the Guyot/Nalgene as they use an 18/10 stainless steel versus the 18/8 in the Dukjug and Kleen Kanteen. Doesn't make that much difference, but...

Cool to find a true 1 litre or quart size to match with water tabs. Most i see are different enough where I would be concerned. Thanks!

Does any one know if tha is the same a 304 stainless?

Bryan

18/8 is 304

Nalgene says they are 18/10 as well as 316 which a bit confusing for me as 18/10 is 18% chromium 10% nickel and 316 is supposed to be 16% chromium 10% nickel and 2% molybdenum. Either way the higher nickel content offers better corrosion resistance and if it does have the molybdenum even better as that offers corrosion resistance to chlorides...

Hmm, scratching my head at that one. I know I would be the guy to unscrew it while it was completely full of fluid and spill the upper half all over myself. It strikes me as the product of a brainstorming boardroom session 'how do we put out something different'. Their best excuse seems to be - you can easily pack some ice cubes in there.

I did find a cheap Guyot-knock off SS one with the same nalgene widemouth lid and stainless threading. Its slightly thinner and taller than the goyot and nests more loosely in a GSI cup than the real nalgenes do. Still it cost $7 instead of $27 so I'm happy with it.

Back